Add Reika mods to DW20 1.7

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,

I started a frech DW20 1.7 world last week with a friend. We do not have archived much yet but we wan´t to add Reika mods (Rotary,reactor,electri)
I got a ID conflict @35 potion.spiked. Changed it to 31 and worked.
We can enter our normal world and seems to work fine.

Now we tried to enter a Mystcraft age and local MC crashed cause of:
Reika.RotaryCraft.Entities.EntityIceBlock cannot be cast to net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase

So it seems the Age has some IceBlocks and this block makes it crash.

Anyone tried to add them and made it working? I´m scared that there are more blocks like this wich can provoke problems.

It would not be a problem to start a new world if this makes the problem go away. But I don´t think so in this case :;(

Edit: Also if it is posibble with Infinity there would be no problem changing modpack.

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
This is caused by one of two things.
Option one is that you have some mod - something like a spawn controller - assuming that the entity is a mob, which it is not.
Option two - only possible if only the local client is crashing - is an ID mismatch. Check Forge and mod versions.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Thx @Reika for the fast anwer :) And @ScottulusMaximus for mentioning him.
How can I acctually check forge? I¨m Using DW20 1.7.10 v. 1.2.1 SO I assume there is only one ForgeVersion for 1.7? And on your website I see only mods for 1.7.10 so I assume they match. But I don´t know how to check it. Sorry for noob.
The option 1 is even harder for me to check I think. Since the pack has tons of mods and there are more then 1 with mobspawners.
Would a full Crashlog pastebin help?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
How can I acctually check forge? I¨m Using DW20 1.7.10 v. 1.2.1 SO I assume there is only one ForgeVersion for 1.7? And on your website I see only mods for 1.7.10 so I assume they match. But I don´t know how to check it. Sorry for noob.
The option 1 is even harder for me to check I think. Since the pack has tons of mods and there are more then 1 with mobspawners.
Would a full Crashlog pastebin help?

It at least wouldn't hurt anyone as far as I know just make sure to always have a backup if you need to let it crash again

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I believe this covers the forge version

FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.85.1291 Minecraft Forge 10.13.2.1291 149 mods loaded, 149 mods active

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I believe this covers the forge version

FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.85.1291 Minecraft Forge 10.13.2.1291 149 mods loaded, 149 mods active
Stupid me :) First line in the log and there is the forge Version :p Thx for not calling me stupid and letting me do this for you.
Also as not native speaker, I understand that with"cover" you mean that forge should not be the problem here. Am I right?

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hm maybe it is not a rotary problem at all.
I just disabled it and tried to enter the same age and got a crash too. Other error:
Unexpected error

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not get provider type for dimension 6, does not exist

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/tqLANQgq

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
*points to the line about Funky Locomotion* Try disabling that mod.

I've always thought the implementation it uses for moving frames somewhat funky, anyways.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Still crashes.
No Locomotion = this error: http://pastebin.com/vmbeQCBm Seems to be something with the vacuumPump from pneumaticCraft now. I did not even started with this mod so no Idea were this block should be -_-

No Locomotion but Reiksa: Same error as in the first pastebin. Iceblock...

To not making this to long.
Is there a way to ether fit in Reikas Mods to Direwolf20 or Infinity?
For Infinity I wish I could have pneumaticcraft there too but that seems to crash to.
I don´t care to start over.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com

I did not say mob spawners.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019

I did not say mob spawners.

is a mob spawner not a spawn controler? Sorry for now understanding the wordig you guys use .) I try my best.

Anyway, did you had any other annoying users asking you if its possible to add your mods to infinity or DW packs?
I know its not your fault if its not working. But I would be happy if you can give some hints.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I don´t know yet. Did so many restarts and test that I lost what I did at the end.
ATM I¨m back toDW20 vanilla and age works.

Tomorow I will try again with raika mods and see what happens. I will let you know.
Still no one did add this mods to ether infinity or DW?

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Do other ages work?

Could just be mystcraft being stupid as it does sometimes.
just tested it again and overworld seems fine ( did not walk around a lot so no ice block there) but a other age crashes too.

can someone say me wish block exactly it is? So I can cheat it in in SP to see if in the overworld this crashes?
So at worst I just disable mystcraft and add RTtools.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Well then, I spent some time for research today at work and we will reset the world.

We already got some crashes in the nether before and Mystcraft seems to be the reason for the first error I posted here too. Could not find any more problems with Reikas mods and Infinity/DW20 1.7
So I think our world is just corrupt for some reason.
What I have planned:

BasePack = Infinity

Disable:
- Mystcraft
- Biomes O Plenty
- Hats
- Hat Stand
- Headcrumbs

Add:
- Dragon API
- RotaryCraft
- ReactorCraft
- ElectriCraft
- Galacticraft
- PneumaticCraft (this will be a hard one I think)
- Modular Powersuits (only if there are no problems. There are more than 1 alternative in this pack to do the same)

I did a excel comparing DW and Infinity and only reason I can think of to take DW is PneumaticCraft wich I like a lot.
And at the end Infinity gives you:
- Forbidden Magic
- Agricraft
- Pam´s Harvestracrt
- RF Tools (no mystcraft needed then)
- Steve´s Addons
- Steve´s Workshop
- Thaumic Energistics (AE2 with Thaumcraft integrated? My dream comes true!)

I hope this will work.

Reactions: McJty

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I don't think you'll have a problem with PneumaticCraft. On the other hand, I've heard GalactiCraft is rather finicky in a big modpack environment. Why do you remove Biomes O'Plenty? It makes for a much more varied world?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I don't think you'll have a problem with PneumaticCraft. On the other hand, I've heard GalactiCraft is rather finicky in a big modpack environment. Why do you remove Biomes O'Plenty? It makes for a much more varied world?
Because not everyone finds Biomes O'plenty worth it.
The only reason I have it is because of the trees and because I know my friends like it, if it wasn't for those 2 it was gone from my mods list a long time ago.