Account Name Changes

nursemmalee

Jul 29, 2019
Random question:

Did I hear a rumor once that Mojang was going to allow account name changes? I would love to be able to change my IGN to my usual gaming persona. On every other game I play I'm Tavinnea.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
<inside joke alert>Probably around the time they finish the Mod API</inside joke alert>

Joking aside, I know the irritation. It's one of the reasons I have two Minecraft accounts now (my first account was purchased back in alpha and the name was not the best considered one), the other being the part where on my servers I assign all my op permissions to the account I don't actively play so I can just play on my actual "playing account" (I'm an oddball, this is known).

The news thread over on Minecraftforum where this was teased still gets posts to this day because people want this feature. Whether it'll ever get considered a priority... is up to Mojang. I'm not holding my breath.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Technically speaking, Irri and Jhiqui would say "it is known", but I do tend to unconsciously adopt speech patterns based on what I'm reading/writing at any given moment, so it's entirely possible. =)

Judgebot

Jul 29, 2019
dmarksbarber > dextermb > Ven > DxT_Ven > Ven | NDH > [Gent] Ven > Judgebot > Jadedbot > Forgebot

Side Note: Ven is my x-professional gaming name, I was in 3 teams over the years :p