Accelerate farms without fertilizer.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
i don't think water mechanics work this way, and is easily tested with a BC tank. put in 2 buckets of water, tank doesn't start magically filling to the top.

Your mistake is that there needs to be a space between the 2 portions of liquid! The watering can internal water-exporting-device is specifically designed to create such a gap while pouring water.
Its a very complex and advanced technology concerning stone, bonemeal and the physical properties of concave wooden bowls.

This thing also has a wooden bowl inside:
magic-tap-fountain-spain.jpg

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
your sarcasm equals mine, this could spin radically out of control so we need to exercise restraint

also i think that pic is photoshopped, i don't think it accounts for the laws of thermodynamics

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
The test now is to use openblocks sprinkler, rotarycraft's sprinkler, and random stuff's fertilized ground and see if the effects stack. I can try this in Horizons.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
your sarcasm equals mine, this could spin radically out of control so we need to exercise restraint

also i think that pic is photoshopped, i don't think it accounts for the laws of thermodynamics
Nah, in the middle of the water stream is a pipe that pipes water back up. Saw something that is like it once with the power off.

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
that.... we've already figured out.
it's best to read the topics and replies first before making a post...
Maybe I should rephrase myself, it does not consume the water source that you take into your watering can. Does that mean that the watering can is still empty after you supposedly fill it?

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
The test now is to use openblocks sprinkler, rotarycraft's sprinkler, and random stuff's fertilized ground and see if the effects stack. I can try this in Horizons.

I know the lilypad of fertility randomly "bonemeals" around.... never seemed too fast IMO. How does the openblocks sprinkler work without bonemeal?

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
i just tried this with a melon crop. holy seed oil generation, batman. a 9x9 melon patch with 9 activators/cans, 3 mfr harvestors and a cyclic assembler can keep almost 30 squeezers busy quite easily. good luck powering those tho, one creative mode REC wasnt enough ;)

Evelyne Lachance

Jul 29, 2019
I know I'm pulling up a relatively old topic but... Watering cans now break in the Autonomous Activator, so this can no longer be used like this... I had this setup for accelerating the growth of TiC bushes (the experience ones) and now that doesn't work... The Thaumcraft Lamp of Growth also seems to generate light (or it may be the warded jar that does it?) so that completely stops the growth! It's not the end of the world but still, I'd like an alternative method if anyone has something?

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
I know I'm pulling up a relatively old topic but... Watering cans now break in the Autonomous Activator, so this can no longer be used like this... I had this setup for accelerating the growth of TiC bushes (the experience ones) and now that doesn't work... The Thaumcraft Lamp of Growth also seems to generate light (or it may be the warded jar that does it?) so that completely stops the growth! It's not the end of the world but still, I'd like an alternative method if anyone has something?
Bit of a necro post, but whatever. Can't comment on acceleration of the essence bush but I do know that they are the only TiCo bush which is unaffected by light, so try all the other plant growth boosters.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Ars Magica Sigil of the something causes growth (it's logically labeled)
Blood magic Sigil and there's a ritual as well
Openblock sprinklers
Reliquary lilypads of fertility
Fertilised farmland by random things

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Blood magic Sigil and there's a ritual as well

The Sigil of the Green Grove and the Ritual of the Green Grove. Both work extremely well if your network can handle running them for long periods of time.