Accelerate farms without fertilizer.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Heya!

Just something i tried doing, (surprisingly) worked, and thought I would post in case others found it useful.

Most stuff (treefarms, coton farms, wheat, reeds, etc) can be quickly fertilized by using a thermal expansion autonomous activator with an extrautilities watering can. The best setup i found so far is to place it facing up, so it covers a 3x3 area.

Pics:

The most basic setup:
2013_12_30_08_57_04.png

2013_12_30_09_02_08.png

My tree farm design (its 4 pads of 3x3, planted by an MFR planter with tin upgrade in the middle). I set the pads that way because the activator has to occupy the center of the 3x3 platform, so i could not use individual 3x3 farms like i wanted originally.
2013_12_30_08_57_27.png

2013_12_30_08_57_41.png

Hope it helps, and sorry if this has been posted before!

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
Wow this takes me back... Does this make anyone else think of EE2 Diamond Generators using Redpower Deployers? Overall its not a bad idea and I may have to try it.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget the sprinklers added by OpenBlocks and RotaryCraft, or the lilypads of fertility from Reliquary. Think the latest Ars Magica has something too.

dtech100

Jul 29, 2019
Autonomous activator + watering can = OP. I used it on magical crops and gained huge amount of resources but it sounded like cheating. Also AA with watering can makes me lags. It's really good and compact small farm with the speed of 2 fertilizers. I think from this 4x 3x3 farm you can gain more wood than 9x9 one.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
This is interesting, I wonder if the watering can + lily pad of fertility interaction is still in 1.6 and would be triggered by the activator.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Kinda miss the (was it 13?) blocks high stacks of Xychorium soil and multiple overlapping lilypads :p 2-3 straw and wooden golems and you had a very OP farm on a very small area :p

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Hah. If you have Reliquary try placing autonomous activator with a watering can so it targets a lily pad of fertility. stuff grows stupidly fast in a large(at least 9x9) area.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
it's effective, but as there's already other mods that add a similar item for automation on a bigger range, I only use the watering can for manual fertilizing...
what I never liked about the watering can though is that it only needs water once for infinite use... that's got to be some magical arse watering can to be able to do that....

Reactions: Museli

Sicle

Jul 29, 2019
Openblocks Tank of water, sprinkler on top.
Seems less OP since you actually need to feed it water, like Yusunoha stated. But doesn't work well with big tree farms (trees blocking the water from the sprinkler), works great on crops though.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
it's effective, but as there's already other mods that add a similar item for automation on a bigger range, I only use the watering can for manual fertilizing...
what I never liked about the watering can though is that it only needs water once for infinite use... that's got to be some magical arse watering can to be able to do that....

According to minecraft mechanics 2 portions of water will generate a third in the middle, so as long as you dont empty the whole thing at once it should be infinite.
Every drop you use generates an empty space that immediatly generates a new drop because its surrounded by other drops :)

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Openblocks Tank of water, sprinkler on top.
Seems less OP since you actually need to feed it water, like Yusunoha stated. But doesn't work well with big tree farms (trees blocking the water from the sprinkler), works great on crops though.

I just stick an aqueous accumulator under the tank.

Byte Templar

Jul 29, 2019
Try putting few sprinkles somewhere flat area and let them run, come back and collect flowers (also Ars Magica special flowers), clear with sickle and repeat. There is random chance of adding bonemeal effect, thus insta grass/flowers.

Easy way to get dyes too :p

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
According to minecraft mechanics 2 portions of water will generate a third in the middle, so as long as you dont empty the whole thing at once it should be infinite.
Every drop you use generates an empty space that immediatly generates a new drop because its surrounded by other drops :)

yes, but you only need to fill the watercan once... so that's 1 water source block, you'd need to fill it a second time for a second water source block before you can actually make it infinite....

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
yes, but you only need to fill the watercan once... so that's 1 water source block, you'd need to fill it a second time for a second water source block before you can actually make it infinite....
Actually I believe it doesn't consume the water so......

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019

If 2 water blocks generate a 3rd in the middle, the same happens with millibuckets. Its just that in normal life its hard to encounter sub-bucket quantities of water, but the watering can works with fractions! :)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
If 2 water blocks generate a 3rd in the middle, the same happens with millibuckets. Its just that in normal life its hard to encounter sub-bucket quantities of water, but the watering can works with fractions! :)

yes, but consdering the waterin can is made out of a wooden bowl, a piece of bonemeal and 4 stone, I doubt it has the technology to comprehend millibuckets :p

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
i don't think water mechanics work this way, and is easily tested with a BC tank. put in 2 buckets of water, tank doesn't start magically filling to the top.

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
I just stick an aqueous accumulator under the tank.

1 aqueous accumulator, using fluid pipes, can supply up to 8 (might be 10, I didn't want to push it) separate OpenBlocks sprinklers without running out of water.