About Thermal expansion 1.6.4

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Last time I checked it didn't work, either. I never use the base bronze wrench on IC2 stuff. I only use the powered version in lossless mode.

It's stupid stuff like that *which is still in the mod* is why many people have resigned IC2 to the dust bin. Longer and/or more difficult, I can understand. But, being a jerk to the user for no better reason than being a jerk to the user is boggling.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Last time I checked it didn't work, either. I never use the base bronze wrench on IC2 stuff. I only use the powered version in lossless mode.

It's stupid stuff like that *which is still in the mod* is why many people have resigned IC2 to the dust bin. Longer and/or more difficult, I can understand. But, being a jerk to the user for no better reason than being a jerk to the user is boggling.

Yeah, I dont really play with IC2 lately, only HAD to make generator, macerator and compressor in order to craft the MPS parts (for some reason the TE recipers are not usable?)

When I noticed the many parts now required by the electric wrench i thought "ill just risk it"

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I dont really play with IC2 lately, only HAD to make generator, macerator and compressor in order to craft the MPS parts (for some reason the TE recipers are not usable?)

When I noticed the many parts now required by the electric wrench i thought "ill just risk it"

The only thing I use IC2 for at this point is making diamonds from coal. Aside from that I don't touch anything in the entire mod.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Padfoote

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
I removed EU entirely from my server pack. Rather have mekanism's sweet new digital miner and atomic science reactors are more visually cool to me than IC2's.
I really liked that Prototype Omniwrench :(

Now you can have the Battlewrench that can turn red and do armor piercing damage on top of the regular damage it does.

Personally I have no use for EU stuff anymore. I removed IC2 and its direct addons from my server. Put mekanism in its place. Digital miner is just too fun not to have. I think that's what IC2 is missing for me, cool stuff.

Edit: Also the Flux-Infused Sickle when put into charged mode will take out the largest area of any sickle I've used except for the electric sickle in levelstorage (ic2 add on).

Last edited:

koeer11

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so, just to make this clear.
I want to rotate a magmatic dynamo.
A crescent hammer doesnt do it, neither does anything else under "wrench" in NEI.
Halp?

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming it's like what I remember of other engines, smacking it with a wrench should auto-rotate it to a position where it can output power to an attached machine or pipe or whatever. If there's nothing it can output to it won't turn.

If the Crescent Hammer doesn't work with it then you're doing it wrong.

koeer11

Jul 29, 2019
turns out, dynamos can't directly connect to a pump.
Anywhoosles, any idea why a dynamo with full lava would stop working, eventhough it's connected to a conduit requesting power?

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
It's possible someone was messing around with the redstone control panel of the dynamo.
Or a redstone signal got applied to it by accident. This usually seems to be the case with me... I'll powera fluiduct or something else nearby, and not notice when my dynamo turns off.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
AFAIK only TE3 conduits can convert from RF to MJ. Energy cells, dynamos, and tessereacts will not do this.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
turns out, dynamos can't directly connect to a pump.
Anywhoosles, any idea why a dynamo with full lava would stop working, eventhough it's connected to a conduit requesting power?

Were you using a TE3 beta version in your world ? The earlier beta versions used itemducts, liquiducts, and conduits that *required* you to pick them, a re-craft them into the newer versions before they would work again after you upgraded your world with a newer TE3 version. This was an 1-time, only-on-upgrade change.

At any rate, I'd shift+wrench (pick up) your conduits and dynamo and place them back down. Some TE3 calculations are *only* done upon placement. I hit a minor machine "facing" bug in TE3 that was easily solved by picking up and placing the machine back down.

koeer11

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, as usual, I got through the shiznit with the help of you all.
Thanks; incase I do run into some more problems, I'll make sure to post in here.

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
If you talk about wrenches, there is 1 more that comes from PowerSuits - Omniwrench addon in the glove. In 1.5.2 it still used to work with IC2, Buildcraft etc, but at this point in time for 1.6.4 it can only rotate blocks, nothing else. Shift-right click a Tessaract and it turns around instead of picking up that you'd expect :p

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
Quick, semi-related question. I whacked an energy cell with a basic TE wrench (blue one). It made the side of the block go from bright red to dull red. What's that?

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
Quick, semi-related question. I whacked an energy cell with a basic TE wrench (blue one). It made the side of the block go from bright red to dull red. What's that?
I believe that changes the side you whack between output, input, and nothing. The dull one should mean no energy transfer.

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
It turns the cell around 90 degrees. Energy cell has only 1 front face (few horizontal stripes), and 5 other faces are brighter more solid color red. Inputs and outputs are configured at the Tab on the right side of its UI. Orange is output (cell sends power that way), and blue is input.

Reactions: Bomb Bloke

koeer11

Jul 29, 2019
Aaaand I'm back.
OpenBlocks is the subject this time;
How does the auto enchantment table work?
Tried googling, didnt get anything useful.