? about item tesseract.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I thought they would pull items from a chest on there own, or will I have to pump them out of the chest to the tesseract.

I have it working by using wooden transport pipe and a redstone engine to gold transpiert pipe.

If this is not the best way. Then what is.

i tried Pnematic tubes they didn't work.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a faster way. redstone engines only pull one item at a time.

and can they only use transport pipes. not logictal?

Captain Neckbeard

Jul 29, 2019
Bigger Engines will pull faster, I believe a Combustion Engine will pull stacks at a time. I've never personally had any reason to commit the resources to doing so, but it's possible.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
no need for a engine?

Redstone energy cell also need to be charged with engines before using.. btw, if you think it's too complicated, just install the valve pipe mod by denoflions, it has something called automatic wooden pipe that can extract pretty fast..

drazath

Jul 29, 2019
You could use 4 redstone engines on the empty sides of the pipe (does chaining engines still work? Could put even more that way).

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Chaining redstone engines never worked ;) But it still works on stirling engines if you so desire.

The fastest way, if possible, would be to replace the chest with a relay and hook the item tesseract up to its output face. The relay will instantly eject whatever is placed into its inventory into the tesseract.

If you cannot replace the chest, for example because it is an ender chest, you can get the same functionality by putting a sorting machine between the chest and the tesseract, setting it to anystack mode and autopull mode, and leaving the sorting interface empty. It will then autopull whatever it finds in the chest, stack by stack at a high speed, and eject them into the tesseract. However, the sorting machine will need to be powered by blutricity, so either place a solar panel on top of it if you are building under the open sky, build a thermopile near or under it if indoors.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Youcan use either a GT Translocator or a RP Filter on a short timer. Control the timer using a gate so that it is not running when the chest is empty.

Eli Delano

Jul 29, 2019
Buildcraft just updated they're Autartic gates in the last update they pull things at a much faster rate now, its still only one item at a time the its one a second instead of one every 3 to 5 seconds.