[A1.0.0]Gone Batty!

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Hello, and welcome to Gone Batty! i planned out the mod to best learn how to mod. Here's the premise behind everything:

Elements of Darkness: Bat, Vamp, Blood.
Bat: Darkness, Consume, Evil.
Vamp: Light, Produce, Good.
Blood: Fluidity, Life, Unity.

Blood is a mixture of Bat and Vamp elements. Everything in the mod will follow this guideline.

This mod is to be built in several stages:
A:Blocks, Items, and Recipes, Oh My!
-Add new blocks, items, and recipes.
-CHALLENGE: Add an item to a mob's drop list.

B: Totally Mobbed!
-Add new passive and hostile mobs, make the passive breedable. Also add a new villager.
-CHALLENGE: Make a villager change when killed by our hostile mob.

C: Bloody Fleshed Out!
-Add fluid and recipes using fluid handler. Make the fluid placeable in-world.
-CHALLENGE: Make our liquid solidify when touched by lava.

D: Let it Grow!
-Add crops and a tree. Make it only grow on one of our blocks.
-CHALLENGE: Make a custom farmland block hydrated by our fluid.

E: Batman Begun!
-Add biome with custom foliage colors, have it generate our custom crop and tree in the biome. Make a special worldgen structure native to our biome.
-CHALLENGE: Make the biome slowly spread.

F: Eww, it's GUI!
-Add custom storage blocks with custom GUIs.
-CHALLENGE: Make a custom machine, and a custom fluid tank.

G: Into the Fourth Dimension!
-Add a new dimension, with a special portal.
-CHALLENGE:

H: So Bossy!
-Add a boss mob to our new dimension.
-CHALLENGE: dragon-like death animation, make it spawn a portal like the dragon, too.

I: It's So Fancy!
-Advanced awesome stuff. Basically make it into a real mod at this point.
I have stage A done, and I will be saving a jar and the source for each stage, so I can go be embarrassed by myself when I get good. Before I move on to stage B, I want to get some input. What bugs can you find? How can I improve my code? Is my Style correct? I mainly want to know that I'm doing it right before I continue. I have all of the details already fleshed out for everything, I just need to code it all.

Oh, and some item textures would be amazing if you could. For now, I need bat claw, bat fang, and heart. My textures hurt my eyes. ;_;
Stage A: ~LINK~
Updated Github: (all stages under '@FinalBuilds directory): https://github.com/goreae/GoneBatty
Stage A: ~LINK~

Last edited:
Reactions: SatanicSanta

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
@goreae, just FYI, you're committing way more to the repository than you should.

See:

Also, you should generally not version control .jar files (meaning the @FinalBuilds directory), as they simply increase the size of the repository for no real benefit. Use the "releases" feature of Github for archiving/distributing released builds.

ForgeGradle should really include a .gitignore or something, as this seems to be a fairly common mistake made by new modders.

Last edited:

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
@goreae, just FYI, you're committing way more to the repository than you should.

See:

About your repo, specifically: you should generally not version control .jar files (meaning the @FinalBuilds directory), as they simply increase the size of the repository for no real benefit. Use the "releases" feature of Github for archiving/distributing released builds.

ForgeGradle should really include a .gitignore or something, as this seems to be a fairly common mistake made by new modders.
True, I could probably do that :p

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Also, you should generally not version control .jar files (meaning the @FinalBuilds directory), as they simply increase the size of the repository for no real benefit. Use the "releases" feature of Github for archiving/distributing released builds.
Or Curse :D