a way to stop mobs from spawning

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

okaayha

Jul 29, 2019
i need some help, i made a room where i want it to be dark but i don't want mobspawns
i tried uing mcedit to change it into a mushroombiome but it changed everything thaumcraft brought into redstone
so, does anybody know a way to turn off mobspawning in a certain area or a way to use mcedit without destroying big parts of the world?

thanks in advance

not everything just the trees but i kinda made a huge greatwood tree with my base in and under it

Tabu

Jul 29, 2019
If RP was out, you could use a saw and cut your mossy into half slabs (pretty sure that would work).

Or you could use the Xycraft blocks which do not allow monsters to spawn (I know you said you wanted mossy).

Oh wait Xycraft wouldn't work either, we are all being held for ransom because of one mod, so they wont update the pack to 1.4.5

You could set up tesla coils to kill off any mobs that spawn or come up with another way using MFFS to protect the room.

okaayha

Jul 29, 2019
i'm using the magic pack so no tesla coils or mffs or anything
If RP was out, you could use a saw and cut your mossy into half slabs (pretty sure that would work).

Or you could use the Xycraft blocks which do not allow monsters to spawn (I know you said you wanted mossy).

Oh wait Xycraft wouldn't work either, we are all being held for ransom because of one mod, so they wont update the pack to 1.4.5

You could set up tesla coils to kill off any mobs that spawn or come up with another way using MFFS to protect the room.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Iron golems and ocelots?

I know that doesn't keep them from spawning ... just throwing ideas out there.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
I guess you could figure out a way to flood the floors with water if you're not in the room. Kind of a hassle though.

okaayha

Jul 29, 2019
the water wouldn't work because i have water on the sides so water would mess it up i'll upload a screenshot so you have a beter idea what i'm talking about

but i like your input[DOUBLEPOST=1355342552][/DOUBLEPOST]
lMOsw.png

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I think they changed the half slab/stair spawning for mobs right? that they can now spawn on them either way...
well, they only ways I know if either XYcraft blocks, or lighting the place up. other then that you can only use items to kill them after they spawned.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Depending on how dark you want to keep it you could use wrath lamps high enough to keep the light level at 8 on the floor.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Well if you are using magic Pack you can download and install xycraft and use xycraft blocks they keep mobs from spawning and glow only slightly. Otherwise yeah...you will have to deal with mobs with a dark room

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Terraformer can change biome to mushroom island using mushroom blueprint (It is the only blueprint which change biomes IIRC). However it is quite wonky with growing mushrooms, it will grow giant ones on top of existing mushrooms. But this way you can convert some area to mushroom biome.

Edit: another option would be using some nbt editor to just edit raw biome information for given coordinates.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
There is no special field or anything of the sort in the Magic Pack that would stop spawns. You're either going to have to provide just enough light everywhere across the ground to prevent mob spawns, or you're going to have to give up your mossy cobblestone and use blocks they won't spawn on, such as the lower slabs, glass, etc. You're not going to get anywhere by asking the impossible, repeatedly shrugging off the given solutions because they don't fit your perfect vision, and then continuing to ask the impossible. That's being stubborn. Either add a mod that has the feature you want (I'm not sure that even MFFS stops spawns outright) or settle for less.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Come to think of it, I'm not sure if it will actually work, and I have no idea if you can put them on multiple faces, but maybe, just maybe, Buildcraft facades stop spawns. I've never actually used them, myself. I wouldn't count on it, but they're likely to be your only shot for just what's in the magic world pack.