A Strange Crushing Lag Problem

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Benny26

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
A Strange Crushing Lag Problem
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
FTB Infinity
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Game runs fine until i go above y189 then the 'tick' portion of the pie chart in shift+f3 goes way up to 95% and crushes the game with lag. 'tick' comes back to normal under y189. Only happens near spawn. No idea why it does this. I don't have any complex machines running under sea level, just a few fluid tanks and all other stuff is in chests in a cave while i build my new tower base. I'm pulling my hair out to what could be causing this problem.

Kaiser6012

Jul 29, 2019
Funny... I'm finding the same thing happening to me when I'm playing as well. The memory is spiking extremely high when operating around y200, but ducking below that seems to be no problem. I'm trying to run opis to see what's happening, but nothing's coming up so far. All I know is that my game's also reading that it's using up all available memory - it hangs when it hits 4095mb used, around 99% of available memory.

Benny26

Jul 29, 2019
I'll try that opis myself, thanks. But yeah I've narrowed it down to Particles portion of the tick at least...Still no idea what could be doing it. I haven't started any Thaumcraft or magic stuff yet so who knows.I also switched to peaceful to rule out any hostile mobs that might be bugged out anywhere, but still no dice.

It starts doing it in my world even if the memory is good to begin with also.

Last edited: