a real man grows his metals...

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've been messing in creative for a few days now, trying to build a good metal berry farm, and I've finally come to a design that I like
this build focuses on using the TE activator, watering can from EU and the oreberries from TiCo
by using the watering can in an activator, you can speed up the growth of the oreberries.

eN9jM58.png

this build has 6 floors, 1 floor for each berry.
each floor is made out a 9x9 area filled with the berry of that type.
the berries are harvested through a MFR harvester and the output is send to a router on each floor.
the router then evenly splits the output between 2 furnaces from TE, which smelt the output into nuggets.

cWykMfB.png

these nuggets are send down towards the cyclic assemblers from TE.

EjVIarO.png

each floor has 2 assemblers, one to turn nuggets > ingots

LWnxmWu.png

and one to turn ingots > blocks.

QuHcpBC.png

the output is send into deep storages from MFR, except for the essence berries, as those are not metals.
essence berries can be right clicked to generate experience orbs, with this you can build an experience farm using those essence berries.

everything is connected using Ender IO conduits, each furnace conduit is configured to send it's output to the exact assembler that it needs to send it's output to

each floor keeps up pretty well with the other floors, here's an output result after letting this build run for a bit...

WLgMIPe.png

do note that this build will not work in recent versions of the FTB modpacks.
that is because Extra Utilities has made the watering can so it can't be used in automated setups.
though you could possible try using other grow-accelarating mod methods, like the lamp of growth from TC or the sprinkler from OpenBlocks.

also note that this build is done in a desert biome... so the growth of speed might be higher in a different biome.
if that is the case you'll need more furnaces for each floor.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Just saying you don't have to smelt the berries ;) they are ore dictionaried with nuggets and smelting it's really only for unification

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

Reactions: Padfoote

Phil__M

Jul 29, 2019
I believe gold is the only one that requires smelting.
In DW20 1.0.14, aluminum oreberries needed to be smelted as well. I haven't checked to see if that's still true in the later versions or other packs. It may be that I'm the only one crazy enough to actually use aluminum, but I had tons of it, so I decided to use it in block form for a "clean room" type look.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Just saying you don't have to smelt the berries ;) they are ore dictionaried with nuggets and smelting it's really only for unification

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

I actually noticed this a few hours later, derp... oohwell, time to redo the build again :p

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
and I've changed up the build a bit, now using automatic dictionairy converters from Mariculture instead of furnaces.
a few image updates...

3zDvUi6.png

1x27yCx.png

GvBl3C4.png

GJc6NBW.png

the harvesters output their liquid and resources into ender io conduits, which take the resources to automatic dictionairy converters from mariculture.
those turn the berries into nuggets, which get send towards 2 cyclic assemblers each, converting nuggets>ingots and ingots>blocks.
I've also decided to add in a sludge boiler, to use all the sludge this build has been producing, but as seen in the 4th image, be careful as the sludge boiler can give you bad effects.

I could've chosen to use the MFR unifier instead of the automatic dictionairy converters from mariculture, but I like the automatic dictionairy converter more, so I used those ones
this setup not only is faster, but also uses less energy as the automatic dictionairy converter doesn't use up any power.
shoutout to @KhrFreak for reminding me of the ore dictionairy

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Also instead of cyclic assemblers you could use factorization compactors. They don't use power....

I'm guessing you mean Factorization packagers. if so, I tried those, but Monster has Calclavia core installed, which add 2x2 crafting recipes for the ingots.
the packager first tried to craft in a 2x2 pattern before trying a 3x3 pattern, meaning I ended up getting plates instead of blocks from the ingots.

plus it's nice that cyclic assemblers can auto-output, whereas with the packagers I'd have to use more conduits, or hopper, or whatever method you want to use to extra items from an inventory

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
i think you should change smelting and packaging to few automated smelteries to add even more manlier look.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
i think you should change smelting and packaging to few automated smelteries to add even more manlier look.

I'm actually afraid the smelteries wouldn't be able to keep up, and it'd require constant supply of lava aswell

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
I'm actually afraid the smelteries wouldn't be able to keep up, and it'd require constant supply of lava aswell
i think it's likely to be the case. but you alway can always have more and higher smelteries. as for lava supply you can use lava fab from mfr or crucible from TE. it will of course affect build's compactness but small and manly usually don't mix together :)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
i think it's likely to be the case. but you alway can always have more and higher smelteries. as for lava supply you can use lava fab from mfr or crucible from TE. it will of course affect build's compactness but small and manly usually don't mix together :)

I need more time to do manly things, not more time to slave around the house :p