a real man grows his metals...

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
you lost me here o_O

meaning using smelteries adds alot more maintenance to the system and you often have to keep a check on it.
while it does sound more awesome, it's also a whole lot more work and time, time that could be spend on other things

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
you often have to keep a check on it.
well yes, but it's only until you figure out the setup:
1 number of smelteries and their size.
2 number of lava generators/smeltery and power for them.
3 number of casting basing and or tables.

when i think about it, using smelteries is just unnecessary design decision for shit and giggles style and "challenge". but someone might do it because "challenge".

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
pPjvlX6.png

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
well, as the nerf-hammer hit hard in the recent Monster updates, I had to redesign the build again.
the build still focuses alot on the oreberries from Tinker's and the EnderIO conduits.

944yD45.png

I now stacked all the layers straight onto eachother, sizing down the height of the build.
I did that for 1 big reason

RalyD1t.png

because watering cans can no longer be automated, I had to find an alternative crop accelerating mod.
I chose to go with Thaumcraft's lamp of growth, as this seems the quickest growing alternative after the watering can
but they have a range, so to keep it all within range I squished all the layers onto eachother
also I'm using 4 lamps to speed it all up a bit

here's a little look on the inside

neZ1uim.png

not much has changed except that I'm now using 1 dictionairy block from Mariculture, as this 1 is enough to keep up with the resources.

but ofcourse the lamps of growth require fuel, to be more exact, herba essentia
so I had to add a little bit on the side for this build to get that herba essentia

zbevrYA.png

as you can see, a simple distilation setup, with a golem putting the essentia in the jars, as the essentia tubes also got nerf-hammered.
2 essentia mirrors take the herba to the lamps, one to the top of the build, and the other to another farm

q1vCOjy.png

a cactus farm. the cactus is the source of herba, and gets harvested by the MFR harvester.
through enderchests the cactus is taken to the distilation setup.

the output of this build has ofcourse gone down.
there also seems to be quite a difference between the outputs of each layer, that's why I put the experience and aluminium berries on the lowest floors.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
How well would stacking Lilypads of Fertility from Extrautilities work?

What about the sprinkler, either from Openblocks or Rotarycraft?
Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013

Lily pads of fertility are from reliquary and could be helpful
Open blocks sprinklers do a bone meal effect instead of a growth tick effect so would be of no help
Rotary craft sprinklers could also work

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Open blocks sprinklers do a bone meal effect instead of a growth tick effect so would be of no help
And blood magic ritual/sigil works too as those are growth tick adders

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

And blood magic ritual/sigil works too as those are growth tick adders

lilypads are indeed from Reliquary. I've tried some of the other options, like placing lilypads in large quantities around an area, but that didn't seem to do much.
both the sprinklers from Rotary and OpenBlocks require constant water supply, but with testing those also didn't really seem to do much.

a goal of mine is also to keep it compact yet efficient, so in the end I went with the lamps of growth.
and sadly I don't have blood magic installed... I've been wanting to get into it, but never really did...

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
and sadly I don't have blood magic installed... I've been wanting to get into it, but never really did...

:eek:

But the Ritual of the Green Grove wouldn't be a ton of help due to the several floors you have. IIRC, it only works up to 3ish blocks above it. The Sigil would work, but you'd have to stand on every floor you want to receive the effect.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
A real man grows his metals.. and gems. I use magical crops. Only need 4 of the type. I'm kinda annoyed that the MF2 skyblock map doesn't have it.

Reactions: YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
A real man grows his metals.. and gems. I use magical crops. Only need 4 of the type. I'm kinda annoyed that the MF2 skyblock map doesn't have it.
It at least has Ex Nhilio and it's addon Ex Aliquo, so you can get your ore berries while you skyblock.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
It at least has Ex Nhilio and it's addon Ex Aliquo, so you can get your ore berries while you skyblock.

I've gotten quite a few essence berries from sieving stone, which is a great alternative way of getting mob essence if you're short on that
though it is kind of required to get a lamp of growth going to effetively use them...

Reactions: YX33A

TheMapMakerX

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a config option that disables the watering can from breaking, or has the pack not been updated yet?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a config option that disables the watering can from breaking, or has the pack not been updated yet?

sadly there is no configuration option for that, with the update from RWTema the watering can cannot be automated, and there's no configuration option to change that