A quick and simple mod suggestion/question.

mackf33

Jul 29, 2019
So I want a mod that can adjust the energy consumption of the GraviChestPlate and the Vajra. I think it's ridiculous that after creating these far endgame items that they should require so much maintenance. If there is a way to do this without a mod please let me know otherwise if there is a mod like this out there point me in that direction. If you interested in making this mod great! I don't know how complicated it will be but thank you!

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
So I want a mod that can adjust the energy consumption of the GraviChestPlate and the Vajra. I think it's ridiculous that after creating these far endgame items that they should require so much maintenance. If there is a way to do this without a mod please let me know otherwise if there is a mod like this out there point me in that direction. If you interested in making this mod great! I don't know how complicated it will be but thank you!

umm, why not just make this suggestion to the mod developer instead of asking for a mod that changes a mod that adds items for another mod...

Reactions: PierceSG

mackf33

Jul 29, 2019
There's no adjustment for those in the config files?

No. Which seems strange and would be a great config option but there isn't much in the config file for this mod.[DOUBLEPOST=1385479616][/DOUBLEPOST]
umm, why not just make this suggestion to the mod developer instead of asking for a mod that changes a mod that adds items for another mod...

That's a good idea and I've considered it but that seems like it would take forever to get in contact with them. Don't get me wrong I know nothing about modding but it seems like this would be a very simple mod and I think a lot of people would want these features.

AnttiV

Jul 29, 2019
No? You know, that does sound like an obvious oversight. I'd try what Yusunoha suggested and tried to contact the author, it would (probably) be a simple matter for him to make those configurable in the config files.

Other mods modding that though... maybe not that simple.

EDIT: It's dead simple to change that yourself though, if you have any way to edit a java .class file. (You don't really even need any programming knowledge, the file is really simply put) there's a part in the beginning of a file called "ItemVajra.class" that says "this.energyPerOperation = 3333;" I'd imagine just changing that bit to whatever you like and replace the file in the gravisuite.zip mod file. I didn't check, but I'd wager the same goes for the chestplate.

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
That's a good idea and I've considered it but that seems like it would take forever to get in contact with them. Don't get me wrong I know nothing about modding but it seems like this would be a very simple mod and I think a lot of people would want these features.

well, in my opinion the chance of getting into contact with the developer and have him add options to the configuration file is higher then finding someone to actually make a mod just for this...

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Considering that the developer has a thread on the IC2 forums, "getting in contact" is as simple as creating an account there and making a post saying "Hey SeNtiMeL, are you willing to give us config options for energy consumption of your items?" Might take a day or three to get a response, but he does read and respond.

Worst that can happen is that he'll say no, and then you can still go look for someone to help you create a tweak mod.

Reactions: PierceSG

mackf33

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: It's dead simple to change that yourself though, if you have any way to edit a java .class file. (You don't really even need any programming knowledge, the file is really simply put) there's a part in the beginning of a file called "ItemVajra.class" that says "this.energyPerOperation = 3333;" I'd imagine just changing that bit to whatever you like and replace the file in the gravisuite.zip mod file. I didn't check, but I'd wager the same goes for the chestplate.

Awesome can you go into a little more detail about how to open a class file? Like what program you used? I don't have any coding experience but I can probably figure it out if you give me the program :)

AnttiV

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome can you go into a little more detail about how to open a class file? Like what program you used? I don't have any coding experience but I can probably figure it out if you give me the program :)
I used a program called jd-gui, but that's ONLY for viewing, not editing. You may need to setup a complete java environment for editing, even if it is for single file. I've not programmed that much with java and it's been awhile so I can't remember. But I recommend checking out Eclipse, if you're going that route. I use that with C++ and for my purposes it is fine. There might be simpler solutions for just editing a single class file, but I haven't had the need so I don't know. Google's your friend on that.

EDIT: Duh, just popped into my mind. You can (probably) just use a simple hex editor and just edit that part of the file. It SHOULD work... But, you know, back up! :)

Last edited:

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Sooo I have a ultimate solar helmet and my energy level it most of the time over 95% ..

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Oh cool thanks I'll try that out!
Be aware that you need outside for it to work, so if you have a base underground (which I don't really have) it doesn't work :b
Or just afk a few minutes outside I guess :D