A question on melee turtle

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

omarasd5

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys, whats up ?

I'm going to build an exp spawner with soul shard , Brain in a Jar and melee turtles.
My question is :
Does the melee diamond turtle has more damage the the other gyms melee turtles ?

if not, I'll craft it with sapphire sword instead of diamond .

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Either way it shouldn't really matter as if your using soul shards then you really want them to drop and be a one or two hit kill! If not then they will bunch up and either lag the server or decrease the spawning rate of the spawner :) I would suggest make them fall 16 to 20 blocks then use turtles !! What mob shall you be using by the way ?

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Use the sapphires. It'll save diamonds. IIRC, gem tools and swords have the same attributes as diamonds, but when a player (not a turtle), uses them they have less durability.

omarasd5

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys,

I was asking because I'm going to use a blaze soul shard ( No fall damage ).
I will make them with sapphire, thanks again !

iMontouch

Jul 29, 2019
We build a blaze spawner with turtles, but it wasnt fast enough (4 XP melee turtles). Maybe we could've added 4 more but that wasn the point.

I would suggest to either kill them with a Mob Grinder or let them fall slowly into water, that way you wont get XP, but a safe kill, w/o much lag.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
I kill them with water and turtles. They spawn and drop into water, which pushes them toward the turtles. Works great. Too many blaze rods and all the exp you could ever use.

omarasd5

Jul 29, 2019
I kill them with water and turtles. They spawn and drop into water, which pushes them toward the turtles. Works great. Too many blaze rods and all the exp you could ever use.

Exactly as what i did ,
I have an external area of 7*7 , a stream of water damage the blazes and pushes them toward the turtles, witch will kill them.
after that I have 4 Brain in Jar to collect XP ,

But i have a problem though, once the jars are full, the xp starts to cause a lag .
is there any solution ?

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly as what i did ,
I have an external area of 7*7 , a stream of water damage the blazes and pushes them toward the turtles, witch will kill them.
after that I have 4 Brain in Jar to collect XP ,

But i have a problem though, once the jars are full, the xp starts to cause a lag .
is there any solution ?

You could use an xp turtle. Set it to Auto collect the xp and then a loop to collect the blaze rods that your melee turtles didn't catch.

I use a 9x9 area with a flow pattern that washes all xp and drops to the front center block. In front of that block is the xp turtle, in the row above are 5 melee turtles to do the actual killing. A router to extract all the rods from the turtle inventories.

Disclaimer: The xp turtle will store the xp internally only. (It's not like a Brain in a Jar, where your can extract the xp for yourself.) But you can write a few lines of code to have it enchant books with the collected levels. And if you need the xp yourself, just take the xp turtle out for a bit and collect the orbs yourself. Label it first and it won't even lose the program, when you put it back in.

Reactions: omarasd5

MineCraftDude786

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guy when i try to run the following program
edit startup
while true do
turtle.attack()
end
and i type startup to run the program it says startup:2: attempt to index ? (a nill value)
What does that mean?

omarasd5

Jul 29, 2019
^

DO as follow .
Code:
edit startup

Code:
while true do
turtle.attack()
sleep(1)
end

then hit the ( ctrl ) key on your keyboard , chose save . click it again , chose exit .

now type

Code:
exit
then enter, he will tell you goodbye .
now press ( esc ) in your keyboard, then right click on the turtle again, it should behave better now .