A Plea To Greg T

Status
Not open for further replies.

tremelo

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there, I'm not usually the type to rush to a forum to shout into the giant cave that is the internet but here I am.
I loved hard mode recipes in the 1.4.7 releases and I think that hard mode recipes should remain a staple withing the mod pack; but that being said with the latest release the recipes are not so much difficult to build but create a lot of unsatisfying busy work or inventory clutter (the addition of the the file and screwdriver to make basic picks is one such addition). I feel personally that the difficulty tuning was about right in previous releases and could of used pre-existing tools to serve the same purpose.
What my gripe boils down to, really, is that I'd like to play hard mode recipes on the latest releases; but think the addition of more tools when others exist just adds to clutter and a poor quality of life for the player (which is not a problem limited to the hard modes but an overarching problem that has been exacerbated) I think an inventory overhaul would be great something like slots for canvas bags or back packs to cut down on menu shuffling or just an increase in invent size to allow for the many kinds of item.[DOUBLEPOST=1375450828][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and here's my plea. "Greg I love your stuff, sort the UI out so I and others can fully enjoy it"

Reactions: Lord Wumbo

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
This would have been better if you posted it on the GT thread on the industrial craft forums, where it will most likely get noticed (and then shot down into flames).

FTB has no influence over what happens with GT.

Edit: Ninja'd

Reactions: Jess887cp

tremelo

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the help guys. I've just popped my comment on to his thread. So I guess I wait for the pitchforks and torches to assemble.

Reactions: Golrith

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
greeg already responded and shot him down.
summary:
dont carry it all with you, stick it in a project bench and dont try to craft the stuff on the fly. i play on real-man hardmode and im doing fine except finding one ore i need

none of this bothers me, ive nerfed a lot of the stupid recipies, so for me its back to being somewhat of a IC2 addon rather than its own thing.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
His response,if anyone wonders:

"Ahem. Don't be stupid enough to carry all your Tools with you. Put them into one of my "Project Tables" when you don't use them, and prepare intelligently for the Situation you are going to encounter, by producing the Stuff BEFORE you venture out, instead of doing it on the fly.

The Tools are mainly there for preventing people from doing everything and their Mother on the fly.

Also, I'm playing GT set to Hard Mode (I mean real hard mode, not default Mode!), and my largest Problem is currently finding Cassiterite for Bronze. I got lucky with Tetrahedrite by finding it in a surface Cave, but I didn't find any Cassiterite for completing the required Bronze mix."

Am I the only one who found the thread title funny?

Enigmius1

Jul 29, 2019
His response,if anyone wonders:

"Ahem. Don't be stupid enough to carry all your Tools with you. Put them into one of my "Project Tables" when you don't use them, and prepare intelligently for the Situation you are going to encounter, by producing the Stuff BEFORE you venture out, instead of doing it on the fly.

As someone who has worked in renovations in the past, I find this statement to be...tragic. "In the real world", you bring all of your tools with you because you can be 100% pro and if you try to bring "only what you need" you're guaranteed to find yourself facepalming when you realize you've encountered something you hadn't anticipated. I'll keep any further commentary on Greg's attitude to myself.

Reactions: Riuga and Anubis

tremelo

Jul 29, 2019
I did find the response a little terse; but I imagine he has to filter though many garbage posts everyday. Although I do think he was a little off the mark given that you generally do carry all your tools anyway given than there are tools to do so (back packs, canvas bags, void satchels,tool boxes etc. etc. etc.) I was proposing really that he makes a UI more suited to FTB (given the UI we're using is designed for what is now essentially a different game) so as to reduce the amount of menu shuffling and anti -fun busy work. I thought also given that GregT seems to be leaning toward unifying the mods with his own, that he would be best suited to do so.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
As someone who has worked in renovations in the past, I find this statement to be...tragic. "In the real world", you bring all of your tools with you because you can be 100% pro and if you try to bring "only what you need" you're guaranteed to find yourself facepalming when you realize you've encountered something you hadn't anticipated. I'll keep any further commentary on Greg's attitude to myself.
Lol you just dont know how true that is I am a coppersmith & have found so often the one tool I didnt bring is the ideal one, most trades men bring all there tools except for the very specialized tools you may only use a couple of times a year, but then again greg knows best.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think this thread is going to go anywhere productive either. If you have a direct request for GregT, the link's been provided.

Closing.

Reactions: PeggleFrank
Status
Not open for further replies.