a player kills the TPS on a server??

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
Does the lag occur upon login or does it occur upon item retrieval? If it happens when people enter the area of his base as well it may be a machine or block that is owner tied. If it is loaded by another player the affect happens but when he logs in the game still acts as if it's loaded due too the player ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DrHawk

Jul 29, 2019
Does the lag occur upon login or does it occur upon item retrieval? If it happens when people enter the area of his base as well it may be a machine or block that is owner tied. If it is loaded by another player the affect happens but when he logs in the game still acts as if it's loaded due too the player ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AS SOON as I log in it kills the TPS for the server. My base ALSO causes lag for anyone going near the chunk.

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
The likely reason lag continues after he logs out/moves around is because the default configs may be set to not unload chunks, ever. This is a problem with Monster where time to unload orphaned chunks=0, which makes them never unload. I'd check your chickenchunks config, if it's indeed at 0 change it to something like 6000 (5 mins).

As others have said, use OPIS (an external window isn't a problem?) and examine things around (and under) his base coords for abnormal time use. You may want to also try changing difficulty to peaceful(0) in the server.properties, restarting the server, and logging in to see if there's monsters causing issues. If this doesn't solve it then it's more than likely a machine/device or combo thereof causing issues.

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
Happend to me too on the latest server I had. My player (checked with OPIS) stood for 25% of the ticks on the server

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
The likely reason lag continues after he logs out/moves around is because the default configs may be set to not unload chunks, ever. This is a problem with Monster where time to unload orphaned chunks=0, which makes them never unload. I'd check your chickenchunks config, if it's indeed at 0 change it to something like 6000 (5 mins).

As others have said, use OPIS (an external window isn't a problem?) and examine things around (and under) his base coords for abnormal time use. You may want to also try changing difficulty to peaceful(0) in the server.properties, restarting the server, and logging in to see if there's monsters causing issues. If this doesn't solve it then it's more than likely a machine/device or combo thereof causing issues.
this is correct his current area is in town and it has a chunk loader so he logs in and when he logs out that area he was in is still chunk loaded

DrHawk

Jul 29, 2019

+1 to this idea with the peaceful idea. Do you have any idea why my own player character would cause a TPS crash though?

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
+1 to this idea with the peaceful idea. Do you have any idea why my own player character would cause a TPS crash though?
Not sure, but here's a few other things for the admin to try.
1. Put away ALL your equipment and delete the player file under \world\players\playername.dat, then relog and see if the problem continues. If so, your player has nothing to do with it, but rather something in the vicinity of your base. If it does solve it, then you're good to go.
2. Open the ForgeModLoader-server-0.log and examine it for any error messages around the time you log in to your base. This may help pinpoint what's causing it.

DrHawk

Jul 29, 2019
1. Put away ALL your equipment and delete the player file under \world\players\playername.dat, then relog and see if the problem continues. If so, your player has nothing to do with it, but rather something in the vicinity of your base. If it does solve it, then you're good to go.
2. Open the ForgeModLoader-server-0.log and examine it for any error messages around the time you log in to your base. This may help pinpoint what's causing it.

What about that client reinstall? Should I try that on my end to see if it helps?

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
What about that client reinstall? Should I try that on my end to see if it helps?
Your client doesn't affect the server at all in regards to TPS, only your local performance, typically FPS. So a reinstall wouldn't really resolve anything. If something were that broken in the client it'd likely either crash or you'd get errors on trying to connect.

DrHawk

Jul 29, 2019
Your client doesn't affect the server at all in regards to TPS, only your local performance, typically FPS. So a reinstall wouldn't really resolve anything. If something were that broken in the client it'd likely either crash or you'd get errors on trying to connect.

I figured as much, but I am trying to see what I can do to also help blue and not just sit on my tailfeathers . :confused:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I figured as much, but I am trying to see what I can do to also help blue and not just sit on my tailfeathers . :confused:

I'd still do the reinstall on your side. Unlikely it'll help, but you never know.

DrHawk

Jul 29, 2019
I'd still do the reinstall on your side. Unlikely it'll help, but you never know.

Blue seems to have found the problem linked to my base. The digital miner I was using generated some 14,000 exp orbs and left them floating about. I kind of assumed it may be an entity issue, but I thought The miner had been patched to deal with EXP orbs? Or is it better just to not use it all together?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Blue seems to have found the problem linked to my base. The digital miner I was using generated some 14,000 exp orbs and left them floating about. I kind of assumed it may be an entity issue, but I thought The miner had been patched to deal with EXP orbs? Or is it better just to not use it all together?

Umm, I've never had it generate EXP before... Any idea what ores it was pulling that may have caused that?

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
Bugs are still being reported with project red and the digital miner. It is fine to use as LNG as you make sure the inventory stays clear and dig around to check if lag starts appearing. However, destroying blocks kind of defeats the point of the digital miner :)

DrHawk

Jul 29, 2019
Bugs are still being reported with project red and the digital miner. It is fine to use as LNG as you make sure the inventory stays clear and dig around to check if lag starts appearing. However, destroying blocks kind of defeats the point of the digital miner :)

You mean the inventory In the miner itself? I let it overflow with cobble a few times (To fill in holes) So that may have caused the problem

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
we tried option one last night it did not fix it
forge mod loader hasnt shown anything related to him lagging the server, other than a recent horrible lag spike had something with opis in it but neither dr_hawk was on nor any one at his base

Mr_Turing

Jul 29, 2019
Can't any admin on your server run opis and take a look at the reports? perhaps paste them over here? although they should be pretty clear on what exactly is causing the tps issues.

Reactions: Padfoote