a player kills the TPS on a server??

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

CrazyA

Jul 29, 2019
try using the ExtraUtils command
/xu_killxp for xp
/xu_killliving for friendly mobs
/xu_killmobs for mobs
/xu_killitems for dropped items
these will economically delete the named things within a 2x2 chunk radius

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrHawk

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, unfortunately I cannot test to see if the TPS issue is gone as well as I do not have access to the server yet. I will reply when I have figured out if the issue is resolved.

AS for the Miner causing EXP orb drops I think I can cnfirm that was an issue. Will not let that happen again :/

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
But it's a single player causing it...

Look, you come to the forum to ask people for advice but then you come up with an excuse for everything offered. We're throwing at answers at you and you just blow them off without telling us if you tried it or ruled it out. This is a two way street, we need to know if our answers are helping you or not otherwise we're stabbing in the dark.

Run Opis, sort by update time, and see if anything is taking up a large amount of time. Check the tile entity timings, entity timings, and handler timings. Take it a step farther and go to the base where you experience an FPS drop and run the client render timings as well.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Look, you come to the forum to ask people for advice but then you come up with an excuse for everything offered. We're throwing at answers at you and you just blow them off without telling us if you tried it or ruled it out. This is a two way street, we need to know if our answers are helping you or not otherwise we're stabbing in the dark.

Run Opis, sort by update time, and see if anything is taking up a large amount of time. Check the tile entity timings, entity timings, and handler timings. Take it a step farther and go to the base where you experience an FPS drop and run the client render timings as well.

I believe that was aimed at the wrong person.

DrHawk

Jul 29, 2019

He actually did fix the base issue. The cause is listed above x.x As for the Server slowing to a call I cannot test that as I am not able to access the server. I will reply when I know more.

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
these
Yes I intended that for the OP.
um im the OP and admin of the server, i have ran opis every single time during the testing. it has shown nothing other than general data. but what will opis tell me that says everything is fine and dandy then dr_hawk logs in and whole server drops below 1 tps. opis is not the answer for everything

also its very hard to use opis when sever is running at .3 tps it only updates every 20 secs about

Reactions: Padfoote

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
these

um im the OP and admin of the server, i have ran opis every single time during the testing. it has shown nothing other than general data. but what will opis tell me that says everything is fine and dandy then dr_hawk logs in and whole server drops below 1 tps. opis is not the answer for everything

also its very hard to use opis when sever is running at .3 tps it only updates every 20 secs about

The quote above is a much better reply to "try opis" than the one you gave me originally.

opis doesnt show everything, and now they changed it and it pops up a java window that is out of game

Several people proceeded to suggest opis after that, not knowing you had already tried it.

Can the player in question try logging in from a completely different location? Maybe, just maybe, there's something weird going on with his ISP or IP or computer or whatever that is flooding the server. Something might be sending a ton of traffic to the server.

Also when you looked at Opis as the server was slowed to a crawl, did you happen to check the network tab? Or on the computer hosting the server, check whatever tool you might have to measure network traffic.

DrHawk

Jul 29, 2019
The quote above is a much better reply to "try opis" than the one you gave me originally.

Several people proceeded to suggest opis after that, not knowing you had already tried it.

Can the player in question try logging in from a completely different location? Maybe, just maybe, there's something weird going on with his ISP or IP or computer or whatever that is flooding the server. Something might be sending a ton of traffic to the server.

Also when you looked at Opis as the server was slowed to a crawl, did you happen to check the network tab? Or on the computer hosting the server, check whatever tool you might have to measure network traffic.

Sadly Minecraft decided to shit the bed --- http://xpaw.ru/mcstatus/ Until it is back up I will be unable to try your suggestion.

Never mind it's back up, still cannot test though. I will let you know later.

Last edited:

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Has hawk messed around with anything that might save to his player data like Thaumcraft research? Have you tried resetting his player data (backing up the old data in case it's not the culprit)?

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Has hawk messed around with anything that might save to his player data like Thaumcraft research? Have you tried resetting his player data (backing up the old data in case it's not the culprit)?
We diagnosed the problem. :p