a player kills the TPS on a server??

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
i have a player that all of a sudden when he logs into the server kills the TPS from 20 in a matter of ten secs to under 1

i cant figure out what is causing it. i deleted his data and even still does it he moves to vastly different areas we restart the server

as can see the min dr_hawk logs in the server tps goes down the drain
http://pastebin.com/utNPif94

Jackoffripper

Jul 29, 2019
I am not sure if I am reading that correctly. Though it seems there is either a few worlds always loaded, or dr_hawk is spam traveling between dimensions.

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
its to show server tick rate is fine till dr_hawk logs in then are tps drops below 1

Jackoffripper

Jul 29, 2019
Have you run an inspection of his base?

If so does it have the same problems as when he is not on the server?

After a player wipe, does he re-craft all the items that were lost? Or does he store them and just retrieve them?

There are quite a few factors I can think of that might be the cause of the lag, such as a item that he should not have due to it's instability. A slue of machines always going and only loaded when he is online, or even to many request on the TPS. This can be mass auto crafting from AE, mass golem farms and pixels such as nitor, bees and other various particle effects. If it is none of the listed issues then I too am at a loss.

DrHawk

Jul 29, 2019
Have you run an inspection of his base?

If so does it have the same problems as when he is not on the server?

After a player wipe, does he re-craft all the items that were lost? Or does he store them and just retrieve them?

There are quite a few factors I can think of that might be the cause of the lag, such as a item that he should not have due to it's instability. A slue of machines always going and only loaded when he is online, or even to many request on the TPS. This can be mass auto crafting from AE, mass golem farms and pixels such as nitor, bees and other various particle effects. If it is none of the listed issues then I too am at a loss.

We just started the server so I have none of that. I was not even playing when it started.

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
his base has the same issues if some one goes there odd thing is it is chunk loaded but only has these effects if some one goes there. i have tried to go to his place and break things there a few times i had a hunch causing it there but every restart they just reappear.

as for his inventory. he was able to drop it off in a box in town i can see he dropped everything in it when he is offline but when he logs even in town the server goes down the drain

two new things we have seen

if someone leaves his base the server tps goes back to normal
if drhawk logs in and logs out server tps does not go back to 20

the only two big new mods in direwolf20 are phuncraft and witchery. and drhawk was the only player working on the phuemcraft mod

DrHawk

Jul 29, 2019
his base has the same issues if some one goes there odd thing is it is chunk loaded but only has these effects if some one goes there. i have tried to go to his place and break things there a few times i had a hunch causing it there but every restart they just reappear.

as for his inventory. he was able to drop it off in a box in town i can see he dropped everything in it when he is offline but when he logs even in town the server goes down the drain

two new things we have seen

if someone leaves his base the server tps goes back to normal
if drhawk logs in and logs out server tps does not go back to 20

the only two big new mods in direwolf20 are phuncraft and witchery. and drhawk was the only player working on the phuemcraft mod

*pneumaticraft* And yes. I noticed any time I entered my area the FPS would drop to 1-2. I tried looking for maybe entities on the found or anything like that. No luck. And Blue is right about the joining. We had to ban me essentially as joining causes the TPS to shit the bed. This problem does not recover either unless a full server restart is performed.

DrHawk

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I can think of is that it might be Pneumaticraft. Though after you mentioned it was DW20, I fear that might be the issue. Many people have been having huge FPS drops from the pack recently.

Ahhh. Well removing Pneumaticraft would be the start, those issues might also be the cause of DW.

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried using Opis to see what is eating both the TPS and client FPS? If you have permissions to use it, Opis should tell you everything you need to know.
opis doesnt show everything, and now they changed it and it pops up a java window that is out of game

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
How many backpacks are in his inventory when he gets his stuff back? By backpacks, I mean backpacks, Golden Bags of Holding, BetterStorage backpacks, Project Red backpacks, and Kami Bottomless Pouches.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
opis doesnt show everything, and now they changed it and it pops up a java window that is out of game

I haven't had an issue yet that Opis didn't catch. It's worth a shot.

As for being in a separate window, I imagine it was because there was simply too much information to keep it in Minecraft without writing an unnecessary new GUI system.

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
My suspicion is that somewhere there is a bunch of zombies picking up eggs or something We had similar problem on vanilla server and it turned out that under someone's base there was natural dark room with 1 lonely chicken in it. As chicken laid eggs zombies were picking them up

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
My suspicion is that somewhere there is a bunch of zombies picking up eggs or something We had similar problem on vanilla server and it turned out that under someone's base there was natural dark room with 1 lonely chicken in it. As chicken laid eggs zombies were picking them up
But it's a single player causing it...

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
It was said it is around his base with other players present. But Opis should pin point location or at least exactly what entities are in what chunks.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack?
If you have, for example AgS or some HQM based pack, there could be a cache of player data not stored in player.dat
Mods like railcraft turn on chunkloaders based on the player being logged in.
Or, his configuration is bugged in some way, (so HE needs to do a clean install of his client) and/or has a buggy mod that is just trying to send lots of data to his client.
I think though that Opis is the best bet to finding the issue.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
It was said it is around his base with other players present. But Opis should pin point location or at least exactly what entities are in what chunks.
He said even if the player goes to different areas the lag still occurs.