A pack idea.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
So we've all played "Challenging Packs" but mostly all these packs do is make it take longer to get to the same place at the end.
How about a pack which actually like introduces new mod mechanics, instead of changing current recipes?
For instance, I want to make a Machine Chassis from EnderIO, The Recipe would be in a Carpenter with Primal Mana, and the same recipe as usual.
Give me possible mods and feedback, for a True Challenge Pack, not a Tedium Pack.

V

Vulpes

So sort of like age of <insert type> crossed with craft of Titans?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
So we've all played "Challenging Packs" but mostly all these packs do is make it take longer to get to the same place at the end.
How about a pack which actually like introduces new mod mechanics, instead of changing current recipes?
For instance, I want to make a Machine Chassis from EnderIO, The Recipe would be in a Carpenter with Primal Mana, and the same recipe as usual.
Give me possible mods and feedback, for a True Challenge Pack, not a Tedium Pack.
Have you had a look at All The Mods: Expert Mode? Not the remastered one.

That sounds right up your alley - the mods are all really well integrated into each other, and early on you need to use mechanics and resources you wouldn't normally get to use to make things. The rockhounding mod is AWESOME for that - its almost a bit MineChem, in a good way! And while progression is hard because you have to move forward in many mods instead of just blasting forward in one, its not tedious, you know? It doesn't rely on you getting X million of this that or the other, but you might need to combine say nickel, iron and chromium to make nichrome for a heating coil for something.

Give it a really good look - I reckon it would scratch that itch for you.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Have you had a look at All The Mods: Expert Mode? Not the remastered one.

That sounds right up your alley - the mods are all really well integrated into each other, and early on you need to use mechanics and resources you wouldn't normally get to use to make things. The rockhounding mod is AWESOME for that - its almost a bit MineChem, in a good way! And while progression is hard because you have to move forward in many mods instead of just blasting forward in one, its not tedious, you know? It doesn't rely on you getting X million of this that or the other, but you might need to combine say nickel, iron and chromium to make nichrome for a heating coil for something.

Give it a really good look - I reckon it would scratch that itch for you.
Will take a look. :)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame