A Modpack With A New Idea

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Should we try to make new modpacks that focus on IC2/Gregtech

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kill-Joy

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Expansion thinks that they don't have to update until 1.8 .
polarBEARuwotm8.gif

Thermal Expansion has updated to 1.7.10.
I am giving this suggestion because thermal expansion said that they will not update to 1.7.2 but to 1.7.10 .
Mostly because updating to 1.7.2 is pointless as Forge is no longer updating to that version, and most mods are updating to the most recent version, both for Vanilla MC and Forge. You are deciding to yell at Thermal Expansion because they are not updating to 1.7.2. What about Father Toast's Mods(first thing that came to mind) that also did not update to 1.7.2? Why aren't you yelling at them?
If you're yelling at them because they didn't update to an obsolete version of Minecraft, then you should be yelling at GregTech for not updating to 1.2.5. This part of your argument is stupid and pointless.

NoOpen

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't this idea just the Bevo Tech Pack?

I feel the recent FTB packs could not have strayed further from being IC2 Dependent, I most certainly had GT disabled on them all, It makes the game to easy once established. You say you "finished" monster in two weeks, Could you define "finished"

I respect your comment . When you tell me that you will never finish , I am talking about content wise with mods . Yes you can build until you die , but trust me , when it comes to modpacks, you can;t add mods . Also most of the community plays on servers . For example , Monster , You get a quarry-plus( TO OP ) mine a hole out in five minutes , swim in iron/gold/diaminds , research everything in thaumcraft, get an enderium jetpack, make a big reactor , and ya , you think what else . Make a power suit , OK made one , and its fully thinkered . Thats basicely Monster in a nut shell for most players

You can add many mods very easily, I actually don't know one person who plays on a server (Not counting a uni house's lan game), Also "finished" is so objective, I would consider what you explained to be a silly, inefficient, not to mention extremely not fun way of playing, To call it "finished" in my personal opinion is an insult to the possibilities these mods provide. I mean according to your post your still manually fishing diamonds out of a hole.

As for your second post on how easy it is to "complete" mods, Lets take your big reactor example, I am guessing it is no were near 100% of the efficiency that is possible and I can only assume you barely have anything for it automated(Little oe a computer system controlling it which is 100% required for me), Not to mention you don't have the infrastructure to even use the power so the audacity to call the game "finished" when you can't even use the inefficient power source is ludicrous.

Then there is all sorts of cool shit you can do, I agree TE is a little to easy at times (Btw you can configure almost everything) so I am not using TE pipes, Ender chests or any other teleportation, I can not explain to you how fun it is to use railcraft for my item and player transport.

I realize I came of like a giant douche here, It was not meant as a personal comment, More a blanket statement to anyone who thinks they have "finished" a modpack can read this and maybe gain some new ideas.

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
Grr why are you all making me want to finish my modpack.... I havent got the time

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Incidentally, the first thing I thought of when looking at the new recipes in TE for 1.7.10 in the latest Bevo Techpack was that it seemed somewhat Gregtech-like. I personally like Gregtech, so this wasn't really a problem for me. However, I predict some people will be less than enamored with the multiple tiers of machine frames and three tier machine augments.

Reactions: Kill-Joy

NoOpen

Jul 29, 2019
Incidentally, the first thing I thought of when looking at the new recipes in TE for 1.7.10 in the latest Bevo Techpack was that it seemed somewhat Gregtech-like. I personally like Gregtech, so this wasn't really a problem for me. However, I predict some people will be less than enamored with the multiple tiers of machine frames and three tier machine augments.

Personally it does not bother me, But I do find it pointless and inane. Then you get something like rotarycraft which could be considered "tedious" but in a very different and very fun way

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Once you get used to having no Iron in your ME network ('till you get boring machines up and running), rotarycraft systems are very satisfying. Difficulty in infrastructure design, not in raw farming :D. Though I've still got a lot of work to do to integrate the infrastructure into my normal building methods, or the other way round.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Kill-Joy

Jul 29, 2019
If they don't like multiple tiers of machine frames, they won't like the new Thermal Expansion updates either