A lot of oil spawned in my world.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

polzyarix

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea where this should go, or if it even relevant enough to post anywhere. I've never seen anything like it, though, and I think it's pretty cool.
ii5EelV.png

Underground, the oil wells overlap.
zczXo8m.png

I'm using the configs from Resonant Rise, so I don't know any reason for it besides a bug or blind luck.

tompy97

Jul 29, 2019
I would love for this to be implemented in the vanilla buildcraft spawning. It could occur in like 1 in a thousand chunks and be insanely rare, but if you found one then it would be like striking gold and you would be the server's oil baron

Reactions: ApSciLiara

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the changelog:

#3.6.0

- Added: Oil biomes! Additional changes to oil generation. (CovertJaguar)
- Added: Pump control list. Can be used to prohibit the pumping of specific liquids in specific dimensions. (immibis)
- Changed: Rewrote the Auto Crafting Table from the ground up. Now called “Auto Workbench”. 100 % compatible with vanilla hoppers. Items that cannot stack can’t be used in them anymore. They will not pull from adjacent inventories anymore, use hoppers/chutes instead. Crafting now has a time cost, the auto workbench does however not require power. (CovertJaguar)
- Changed: Improved oil physics to produce behaviour between water and lava. (CovertJaguar)
- Changed: Oil is now flammable. (viliml, Krapht, CovertJaguar)
- Changed: Stirling engine only accepts valid fuels from pipes. Combustion engines accepts liquids containers and ice.
- Bugfix: Several fixes to the laser crafting table. (CovertJaguar)
- Bugfix: Pipe wire state now persists on reload. (target-san)
- Bugfix: Removed builder crafting recipe, builder from creative inventory. (mcrobin4002, SirSengir)
- Bugfix: Disabled grass facades. (Krapht)
- Bugfix: Fixed crash on facade removal. (Flow86)
- Bugfix: Fixed addToRandomInventory. (Flow86, CovertJaguar)

I love the oil biomes and other tweaks, mainly the pump control so my new server can disable lava pumping the nether, but let pumps work anywhere else.

A change I actually hate, and mean real FUCK levels of hate is that the Autocrafting table was basically nerfed. It now takes time, does not work with unstackables, and can not pull from adjacent inventories.

Luckily adding such a table is planned for Logistics Pipes as seen in Issue # 657 created here: https://github.com/RS485/LogisticsPipes/issues/657

This means that Logistics Pipes will become an even more important part of any modpack.

Edit: See the main BuildCraft site for 3 pictures of these new oil biomes, which are AWESOME.
http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/

Reactions: W0lfMan26

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Indeed, changing that autocrafting table is a big downside. I normally do a compact recycler/scrapbox system of 4 recyclers around a ACT, with the scrap box pumped out the bottom.

Oil Biomes and Oil is now Flammable - Time to burn the world! What happens if oil flows onto lava? Happens in natural world gen.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
The downside is that you need to get items into that chest, for that hopper to pull from. Using my recycler example, I now need a separate wooden pipe + engine/gate per recycler to feed into a single chest, then a hopper to the autocrafter, then another pipe to pull from that autocrafter. This situation is forcing me to make a larger (and hence more CPU intensive) build with more items travelling around in pipes.
Another old fashioned example I used to do was put a chest in the middle, surrounded by 4 autocrafters. Pipe all the materials into the central chest, 4 different crafting recipes pulled out. Nice, small, and compact. At least I can use xy fabricators for that type of crafting.

Doesn't most of the non-stacking items come from IC2 (and GregTech) with coolant cells, etc? Sounds like this change is an attempt to pull away from playing nice with those mods. Just seems strange to remove a useful function of pulling from inventories and using non-stackable items.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
That's true. Still got to get used to the new vanilla hoppers. Would actually reduce the need for autaric gates which are overpriced for when wanting to do simple pumping, without the extra floor space of a redstone engine and lever on a pipe.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
A change I actually hate, and mean real FUCK levels of hate is that the Autocrafting table was basically nerfed. It now takes time, does not work with unstackables, and can not pull from adjacent inventories.

Luckily adding such a table is planned for Logistics Pipes as seen in Issue # 657 created here: https://github.com/RS485/LogisticsPipes/issues/657

This means that Logistics Pipes will become an even more important part of any modpack.

The XyCraft Fabricator pulls from adjacent inventories as well and it has practically 0 crafting time. Assuming XyCraft will make it to 1.5/6 sooner than Logistics Pipes that can replace your auto crafting needs.

I agree the nerf is stupid though. I've never been a huge fan of them and these nerfs probably mean I'll never use them again.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Thing is, for combining Partically damaged tools, such as the gold sword drops from ZPigmen, the autocracy table was the only way short of turtles. And the table was easier to use.
Any other shrooms for this?
Does the assembling table laser power intensive thing work well with this?
Fabricators don't detect the repairing recipes at all...

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair though with Tinker's Construct there shouldn't be any need to auto-repair tools since the tools never get destroyed, they only break and you have to use one of the material used to make the head of the tool to repair it (such as iron for an iron pick head or steel for a steel sword blade).

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Auto-repair.
I am talking about utilising the gold swords from Zombie Pigmen, and then smelting then for gold.

TC does not help with this.

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
thats a lot of oil i would recommend storing it in a quantum tank if you are playing with gregtech and have gotten that far into the game yet if not maybe xycraft tanks if early game and iron tanks later game