A little rant: I have a car and it broke, don't know what to do!!

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
This is how I see every post that popes on daily bases that tells us "my ftb aint working help!!"

You wouldn't go to mechanic and tell them your car broke with telling them what car you drive and what you did so why the hell every other day someone posts topics like. "I have custome pack ftb and it broke", or my Monster won't work after I added shitload of mods (never mentioning what mods) and it broke what to do?

Almost every help me post starts with 3-5 post of people asking basic qestions like what modpack, what pc you have, what mods have you added, what exactly isn't working. This qestions should be answered in the first post. Why the hell people are so lazzy and won't give that straight away? It only deleys the time that you will get some useful advice.

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
My point of view?
ilppaF3Y4s71u.jpg

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
I think it's that they really don't know that those details are important (along a bit of panic). It should get better as they learn more about how modpacks work. That or they just lazy and want to do as little work/typing as possible while leaving all the troubleshooting to the community.
(Or they think we're the NSA and thus expect us to knows every single detail about their "broken" modpack.)

Reactions: SatanicSanta

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
You wouldn't go to mechanic and tell them your car broke with telling them what car you drive and what you did so why the hell every other day someone posts topics like. "I have custome pack ftb and it broke", or my Monster won't work after I added shitload of mods (never mentioning what mods) and it broke what to do?

You don't go to a mechanic and ask for free advice, you go to an auto parts store for that. I worked for one in college. People expect answers you to be knowledgeable and helpful.

Also this is a community. Since when did helping people become bad or troublesome? I mean, if it is for you, then don't. It's that simple.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking