A few (well, a lot of) questions about RotaryCraft/ReactorCraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
All right, the harvesting golem works beautifully for canola seed farming.

@Poupouc:
Thanks. The RoC blast furnace is indeed very efficient. So far I'm not automating it, I just turn on the export bus when I need more steel and it puts in 9 stacks of iron, one of sand, gunpowder and coal each. Then I switch it off. As for ethanol, as I said I don't mind having to use RoC's production line, what I mind is that I have a tank with 1000 buckets of liquid ethanol and it bugs me that I can't use it here in spite of the machines supposedly running on it.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Hmm....am I correct in that the only way to transmit shaft power vertically is to chain bevel gears? Odd, that. I don't see any reason why belt transmission shouldn't work vertically, but the documentation says the belt endpoints have to be on the same level.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Hmm....am I correct in that the only way to transmit shaft power vertically is to chain bevel gears? Odd, that. I don't see any reason why belt transmission shouldn't work vertically, but the documentation says the belt endpoints have to be on the same level.

Shafts can also be rotated vertically.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
fwiw, another option is to add ElectriCraft to your modpack. Among other things, it makes power transmission a bit friendlier since you're just laying wires that don't need to be rotated this way and that. But yeah, shafts go vertically just fine.

Reactions: Padfoote