A few questions about Mystcraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Jul 29, 2019
1) If i have a terrain generation (like standard terrain) page in a book, but no "ore" pages, will there still be a normal amount of ores around the world or will there be no ores?

2) how can i check whether a world is stable/unstable

3) what is a good page combination for a mining world (quarries)

Thank you!

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
1. you should get standard ore generation.

2. if you get potion effects when you are standing with a clear view of the sky, you are in an unstable world. There are other instabilities it could have like charged, the only way to be 100% certain is to use a program like nbtexplorer to check the .dat file for the age.

3. Anything stable. Single biome is usually a good choice. Check other guides for how to make a stable age. Flat terrain can stick you up way high, I've had worlds where the entire ground is 120+- that's a LOT of dirt & cobble to get to the ore layers so not recommended, better to use plains or something naturally flattish. I usually choose extreme hills so I can get emeralds , but it's up to you.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Mushroom island is the single best mining biome in the universe.

• No mobs
  • GT Saphires
  • GT Rubies
Well, maybe not the single best, not sure if you get bauxite in 'em and there's no emeralds. BUT the no mobs part really makes it a winner for manual mining.

Reactions: Whovian
Jul 29, 2019
Mushroom island is the single best mining biome in the universe.

• No mobs
  • GT Saphires
  • GT Rubies
Well, maybe not the single best, not sure if you get bauxite in 'em and there's no emeralds. BUT the no mobs part really makes it a winner for manual mining.
Whats GT stand for?
I mentioned i was going to use quarries... (but thanks for the "no mobs" tip)
What exaclty does dense ores do?
(i mean in more detail than "it adds more ores/makes them more common")

CosmicThing2

Jul 29, 2019
Oh any btw, what do the "length" pages do?

Really recommend watching Dire's mod spotlights on a mod that you don't understand, he does a fantastic job of explaining things, take a look here for the basics:

Then watch the updated video as quite a lot changed:

Enjoy! Dire is really awesome for tutorials and this is where I learn anything about mods.

Jul 29, 2019
Really recommend watching Dire's mod spotlights on a mod that you don't understand, he does a fantastic job of explaining things, take a look here for the basics:

Then watch the updated video as quite a lot changed:

Enjoy! Dire is really awesome for tutorials and this is where I learn anything about mods.
Why exactly would i watch the old version?
and i have already watched the newer version

CosmicThing2

Jul 29, 2019
Don't need to be aggressive, only offering help o_O

Your question about length is answered in the second video.

Jul 29, 2019
Don't need to be aggressive, only offering help o_O

Your question about length is answered in the second video.
sorry, didnt mean to come out as aggressive, just a bit frustrated with my ages as I put "mushroom biome" and get a twilight forest biome :/
I'll watch them again, I appreciated your help

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Also of note, if you make the age always daylight, you essentially get the 'no mob spawns' effect while still being able to cherry pick a biome. Also, if it's primarily a mining age, 100% stable is not a big deal as you're not going to be spending a lot of time wandering around there. In my first quarry age (Extreme Hills) the only instability I had was mob health regen. Since it was always day, it was only a problem if I planned on hunting cows and chickens :p