A few Horizons questions

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

benkc

Jul 29, 2019
What keeps poisoning me while I'm wandering around outside? It seems to be a particular area, but not tied to a particular biome.
Is there a way to prevent it?
Why does the poison sometimes tick much faster (double speed?) than regular poison?

For the Tinker's Construct stuff, does the material used for the crossguard / binding matter? So far I've not seen a difference for that, only for handle/toolhead.

I crafted a few of the harvestcraft saplings (apple and cherry), but they don't seem to be growing. Do they have special requirements for growing?

Where can I find info on all the extra slots on the armor tab and what items can go in those slots?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure on the poison.

The binding/guard doesn't affect durability/damage/mining speed. However, it's a good way to add material bonuses, like Reinforced III (from obsidian), or Writable (from paper). I generally recommend paper for the extra enhancement slot.

It's been a while since I've played around with HarvestCraft, but sometimes they just take a while to grow. Is Hunger Overhaul in Horizons? Because that would greatly affect growth times of those.

You mean the TiC inventory screen? The only things that are currently available are the knapsack (adds an extra tab on your inventory that gives you another chest worth of inventory space), and heart canisters (+1 heart per canister, stacks up to 10).

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Poison is very likely the stupid BoP poison ivy. It's almost as bad the Metallurgy poison ore in the Nether. :/

Reactions: RedBoss

benkc

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you both.

I checked the ground cover closer, and there was indeed poison ivy in the area that I kept getting poisoned. The faster poison speed was coming from walking through multiple blocks (or standing in one wondering what the heck was going on).

After closing the game and relaunching it, two of the fruit saplings grew within about a minute. Maybe coincidence, or maybe some issue where they don't grow until you relaunch the game.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Besides paper for extra slots, Cactus makes a good weapon crossbar, and cobblestone makes a good tool binding (but not tier 2 tool binding; those still contribute to durability and such).

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Besides paper for extra slots, Cactus makes a good weapon crossbar, and cobblestone makes a good tool binding (but not tier 2 tool binding; those still contribute to durability and such).

ditch that boring old paper and go for thaumium. it gives the same extra slots but is much much more durable

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumium (used to? still does?) not add additional slots beyond the first if you used multiple parts. Also, it's durability, speed, damage etc. don't matter as the binding/handguard.

Otherwise, it's *fantastic* as (just) one of the plates on a hammer/bigshovel/bigaxe.

Also, thaumium has style factor, being purple and all.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
I expect it'll be in the unleashed-like pack and the tech world pack.[DOUBLEPOST=1386602501][/DOUBLEPOST]OP: Oh, saw another question you asked: You can prevent the surprise effects of the poison ivy by wearing leather boots and pants (possibly others), but I saw leather mentioned specifically at one point.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
What keeps poisoning me while I'm wandering around outside? It seems to be a particular area, but not tied to a particular biome.
Is there a way to prevent it?
Why does the poison sometimes tick much faster (double speed?) than regular poison?

For the Tinker's Construct stuff, does the material used for the crossguard / binding matter? So far I've not seen a difference for that, only for handle/toolhead.

I crafted a few of the harvestcraft saplings (apple and cherry), but they don't seem to be growing. Do they have special requirements for growing?

Where can I find info on all the extra slots on the armor tab and what items can go in those slots?

I've read the entire thread to this point and didn't see this listed...

Sometimes there is "pre-tainted" land generated that can affect you adversely. I generated a new world last night and had Horses nearby as well as a lot of caves. I heard the sounds of a horse taking damage inside one... Investigated and found the horse standing there, dying, and it expired while I was looking at it.

The only thing I found was a patch of tainted soil in the roof over where the horse was standing. I heard a sound further in the cave and when I turned a corner I saw a Tentacle-like thing with a glowing red tip writhing up from the ground. I left quickly, having no weapons or armor. The tainted soil patch in the ceiling had increased by the time I got back to the entrance, no more than 20 blocks away.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
How do you power ae
At the very least Thermal Expansion should be able to power AE.
also rotarycraft appears to have some blocks to generate BC power, I have no idea if that is in the pack without buildcraft. Probably not though. Also looks like it can make steam which could power TE3's stuff.

Also also: engineer's toolbox looks like it might work.

Last edited:

Kierang98

Jul 29, 2019
At the very least Thermal Expansion should be able to power AE.
also rotarycraft appears to have some blocks to generate BC power, I have no idea if that is in the pack without buildcraft. Probably not though. Also looks like it can make steam which could power TE3's stuff.

Also also: engineer's toolbox looks like it might work.
TC doesnt work i placed a energy block next to the ae terminal and it was blacnk[DOUBLEPOST=1386691122][/DOUBLEPOST]
My question: WHERE IS THE NEW IC2? ...
in development :D

benkc

Jul 29, 2019
With an ATG world, where ought I look for clay? I haven't seen any in ocean or ponds, and I've yet to find any medium-sized bodies of water. Lots of mud, though -- lots and lots of mud.