A couple questions about Bee and Tree breeding

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

lifeseeker128

Jul 29, 2019
First, what's the difference between fastest and maximum pollination speeds in relation to trees?

Next. does breeding the desert acacia require cacti pollinating bees? The results seem underwhelming and I have seen videos without the cacti pollination type producing acacia trees. However, the wiki tells me both acacia and baobab require bees with this type of pollination. I assume the bees were just normal flower type in the videos I've seen; as they didn't specify the requirement in commentary.

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
First, what's the difference between fastest and maximum pollination speeds in relation to trees?

Next. does breeding the desert acacia require cacti pollinating bees? The results seem underwhelming and I have seen videos without the cacti pollination type producing acacia trees. However, the wiki tells me both acacia and baobab require bees with this type of pollination. I assume the bees were just normal flower type in the videos I've seen; as they didn't specify the requirement in commentary.

Fastest affects item production.

Only maximum is related to pollination speeds, if I am not mistaken.

And you don't need cacti-pollinating bees. There are no flower-type requirement, as far as I can remember. I got most of my trees using the default Flower requirement. If anything, there are only biome-dependent trees.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
According to this, desert flower bees can pollinate Acacia, but most bees should be able to pollinate them along with all other trees.

lifeseeker128

Jul 29, 2019
Take a look at http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Pollination
Fastest has a 35% chance to try crossbreeding when the RNG finds a leaf, Maximum has a 99% chance to try crossbreeding in that case.
And http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Flowers shows which flower type can pollinate trees. Acacia and Baobab can be pollinated by both the darker green and the yellow marked flowers.

Thanks much. Perhaps I was referencing an older wiki or just a less detailed one. I had seen this one before, but was doubtful of its completeness. It seemed too shiny and new to me.

Fastest affects item production.

Only maximum is related to pollination speeds, if I am not mistaken.

And you don't need cacti-pollinating bees. There are no flower-type requirement, as far as I can remember. I got most of my trees using the default Flower requirement. If anything, there are only biome-dependent trees.

Also, I think I should've provided more detail with my question. I meant to ask what is the difference between the two speeds of pollination at the top, not the fastest production speed and the maximum pollination speed. The difference is quite obvious; at least to me.

Thanks for all your answers.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks much. Perhaps I was referencing an older wiki or just a less detailed one. I had seen this one before, but was doubtful of its completeness. It seemed too shiny and new to me.
Today I finished updating the bee parts of the wiki to 1.5.2, so if you viewed it earlier, you got information for 1.4.7 ;)