A cool mod...

MoltenX

Jul 29, 2019
Surfing youtube I found a mod that is just.. more than awesome :D
This is mod spotlight by IceDrug20

And this is what he made with that:

I tried making such tunel bore 128x128 in flat extreme hills edge and the amount of ores I get from 10 runs was just ... It didn't even lag the server I was in o_O

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Surfing youtube I found a mod that is just.. more than awesome :D
This is mod spotlight by IceDrug20

And this is what he made with that:

I tried making such tunel bore 128x128 in flat extreme hills edge and the amount of ores I get from 10 runs was just ... It didn't even lag the server I was in o_O

Mine is a 16x3 (upgrading to 16x5 atm)

How much quartz did that cost you?

And Calclavia MFFS already has frame like functionality, but better.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
How do MFFS's frames work?

Move everything inside a cube / ("triangle / tube / cylinder"), without a frame directly next to every block.

Force manipulators in an inchworm drive.

Consumes approx +0.5 mj/t for every scale / translate module you put in there.

With field fusion you can make irregularly shaped stuff.

Other than that, you can use it like a building guide in a sense.

Kill intruders and confisticate their items ect.

TL;DR: RP2 Frames, but better flexibility and more expensive (like 16 diamonds gone just for my bore setup ;=; ).

MoltenX

Jul 29, 2019
Move everything inside a cube / ("triangle / tube / cylinder"), without a frame directly next to every block.

Force manipulators in an inchworm drive.

Consumes approx +0.5 mj/t for every scale / translate module you put in there.

With field fusion you can make irregularly shaped stuff.

Other than that, you can use it like a building guide in a sense.

Kill intruders and confisticate their items ect.

TL;DR: RP2 Frames, but better flexibility and more expensive (like 16 diamonds gone just for my bore setup ;=; ).
As long as I remember redstone in motion stuff is a lot cheaper than this, and about the quartz.... I have myst age and another tunel bore 32x32 in there aswell ;)

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
As long as I remember redstone in motion stuff is a lot cheaper than this, and about the quartz.... I have myst age and another tunel bore 32x32 in there aswell ;)

128x128 is 8192+ certus quartz alone.

how long you been grinding quartz?

MoltenX

Jul 29, 2019
128x128 is 8192+ certus quartz alone.

how long you been grinding quartz?
Considering I'm playing almost half a day every single one, and that I'm on the server from 1 and a half months... having 10 quarries runing almost all the time.... Also before they added the mod I had already ran 5 quarries in the NQ age since I was making a cool base :3... for power I use 10 HP Boilers and MFR biofuel (skeleton soul shard) and 5 tesseracts hooked for 10 bridges and stuff from Power Converters. Also I have 4 sets of 10 64k storage units. Any other questions my good sir ?

DrHexatron

Jul 29, 2019
I don't like the mod because I know the person who made it; they essentially "rebuilt" it from RP2's code. They did not copy it, they based their mod off of RP2 Frame's code. So they decompiled RP2 and took some elements from RP2's code. They did not "copy" the code directly. It was written from scratch with RP2's code in mind. I do not support this. It's like if I were to take RP2's pipe system, look at the code, rewrite it in another form, post it on the forums, and get likes for it. I think that is wrong. It's like not citing your sources on a research project.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I don't like the mod because I know the person who made it; they essentially "rebuilt" it from RP2's code. They did not copy it, they based their mod off of RP2 Frame's code. So they decompiled RP2 and took some elements from RP2's code. They did not "copy" the code directly. It was written from scratch with RP2's code in mind. I do not support this. It's like if I were to take RP2's pipe system, look at the code, rewrite it in another form, post it on the forums, and get likes for it. I think that is wrong. It's like not citing your sources on a research project.
It's also like being Andy Warhol.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England

Where did you hear this? I haven't seen it any where.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
Don't quote me on this, but I heard the creator of this mod did something similar to Soul Shards as well.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Don't quote me on this

quoting you because YOLO
i-do-what-i-want-22875-1277341571-14.jpg

Reactions: RedBoss

DrHexatron

Jul 29, 2019
Where did you hear this? I haven't seen it anywhere*.

Technic forums. Two months back the same person who made the mod asked and figured out how to decompile forge mods without losing data. Their reason was "to look at Redpower and see how it worked."

EDIT :
And then there is this thread. *sigh* (may contain strong language)
DOUBLE EDIT :
Looking even farther back, you will see a thread in which he/she also decompiled ArsMagica.
Please note that in showing this, I do not encourage nor approve of the dobfuscation and decomilation of closed-source mods.
http://forums.technicpack.net/threa...-overcome-modder-stubbornness-laziness.44876/

MoltenX

Jul 29, 2019
Even if he did it, I would say that these frames are a lot better... 1. Cheaper to make. 2. Don't require power. 3. You can chose from 5 different types of frames. 4. Doesn't lag your game/server when you run a lot of them, because that's what was happening to me with RP frames...

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
Mine is a 16x3 (upgrading to 16x5 atm)

How much quartz did that cost you?

And Calclavia MFFS already has frame like functionality, but better.

I wouldn't call them better. Different, yes. Better? Probably about the same as these. Oh and the MFFS thing aren't really "frames" it's moving things with a forcefield, but can you move the capacitor and projector with it?

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't call them better. Different, yes. Better? Probably about the same as these. Oh and the MFFS thing aren't really "frames" it's moving things with a forcefield, but can you move the capacitor and projector with it?

And yet you don't cite your sources either. Funny how that works.

Capacitor yes, manipulator yes*.

* - Will move other manipulators other than itself.

Thats why you need an inchworm drive with manipulators.

MoltenX

Jul 29, 2019
Again quite expensive with MFFS, and with redlogic you can make the same mining quarry as DW20's S5 one.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Even if he did it, I would say that these frames are a lot better... 1. Cheaper to make. 2. Don't require power. 3. You can chose from 5 different types of frames. 4. Doesn't lag your game/server when you run a lot of them, because that's what was happening to me with RP frames...

Not requiring power is a downside to me since it breaks what was part of the fun of RP2 frame machines specifically tunnel bores, finding a creative solution for how to power the motors, this seems too easy really. It's basically frames reduced to the ease and lack of interaction of a quarry they are seriously lacking in design challenge, I can build a world eater in no time at all with no requirement of thought on my part. Technically they seem to be better in movement and entity handling but from a gameplay perspective there is no challenge at all, I might as well NEI the resources to myself.

I'm not saying they are bad I am saying they seem to be more of an early alpha before the gameplay elements are added.

Dougman

Jul 29, 2019
The author is planning on adding a "hardcore mode" where the frame carriages would require power.
He has also designed them to be more fun rather than just super difficult to be able to make anything with them, which is why they are pretty cheap to make. (Although it could be a bit annoying to get all that wood when playing with just that mod, which is something which a lot of mods forget, that some people actually might only want to play with just one mod.)

Reactions: MoltenX