A bee wants redstone flowers?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Myo-kun

Jul 29, 2019
So I was messing around with beekeeping for a while and a Valiant bee popped up with redstone as its flower provider. Placing actual redstone dust around the Apiary doesn't do anything, so I am wondering if anyone knows what block is supposed to be a redstone "flower." I am using the MindCrack FTB Pack v7, if it matters. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2013-01-25_23.27.24.png
    2013-01-25_23.27.24.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 220

Lakart

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe redstone torches? They look vaguely...okay not even slightly flowery. Or maybe you need to provide the apiary with a redstone signal.

Squigie

Jul 29, 2019
A redstone torch is indeed the proper flower. This gene comes from the energetic branch, which produces redstone bearing combs. They also have a lightning strike effect, so be careful if you decide to breed more of them.

KriiEiter

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I've been breeding these bees on the Mindcrack server I play on, and boy oh boy do they make a racket. The lightning strike sound can be heard throughout the entire server, so it gets to be a bit annoying with 6 apiaries of them going.

Korenn

Jul 29, 2019
as far as I know, artificial lightning strikes don't count for the lightning rod. it has to be a storm.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
But you can supercharge a gravity-gun with the bees :p

Also I think the bees might need a redstone-signal. So if you lay down redstone and power it with a lever you should also make the bees work. This is exspecially usefull for the spawner-bees since you can in theory enable and disable this spawners.