1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

A bee wants redstone flowers?

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by Myo-kun, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Myo-kun

Myo-kun New Member

So I was messing around with beekeeping for a while and a Valiant bee popped up with redstone as its flower provider. Placing actual redstone dust around the Apiary doesn't do anything, so I am wondering if anyone knows what block is supposed to be a redstone "flower." I am using the MindCrack FTB Pack v7, if it matters. Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Lakart

Lakart New Member

Maybe redstone torches? They look vaguely...okay not even slightly flowery. Or maybe you need to provide the apiary with a redstone signal.

3. Squigie

Squigie New Member

A redstone torch is indeed the proper flower. This gene comes from the energetic branch, which produces redstone bearing combs. They also have a lightning strike effect, so be careful if you decide to breed more of them.

4. Lakart

Lakart New Member

Woo! Pro guessing!

Lambert2191 likes this.
  5. Myo-kun

Myo-kun New Member

Thanks for the help! I can't believe I didn't think of that. XD

6. KriiEiter

KriiEiter New Member

Yeah I've been breeding these bees on the Mindcrack server I play on, and boy oh boy do they make a racket. The lightning strike sound can be heard throughout the entire server, so it gets to be a bit annoying with 6 apiaries of them going.

7. Celestialphoenix

Celestialphoenix Too Much Free Time

Guess its time to invest in a lightning rod

8. Korenn

Korenn New Member

as far as I know, artificial lightning strikes don't count for the lightning rod. it has to be a storm.

9. CrafterOfMines57

CrafterOfMines57 New Member

Yeah, the lighting rod works by actually generating its own lightning, not by other lightning sources striking it.

10. Bluehorazon

Bluehorazon New Member

But you can supercharge a gravity-gun with the bees :p

Also I think the bees might need a redstone-signal. So if you lay down redstone and power it with a lever you should also make the bees work. This is exspecially usefull for the spawner-bees since you can in theory enable and disable this spawners.