[64x] Soartex Fanver - Smooth and Clean FTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadaskew

Jul 29, 2019
Ah I was going to ask for the connected textures and side grass but I see you've already answered why it's no longer in the pack. Does anyone know if mcpatcher is compatible with FTB? hehe my sexy new card can live without opti.

Oh well. Thanks a million for continuing this great pack Shoeboxam and your team, I've been a fan of Soartex since day 1 and not surprised he had to quit work on it since he lived quite close to the tsunami and nuclear reactor meltdown. My only very minor complaint is the basalt bricks look a bit flat but I can live with it. Otherwise everything looks just great, I can't believe you improved on Elo's very nice redpower textures but they look great and everything I've seen so far fits the original theme of the pack, smooth and clean. Thanks so much for your work.

GoldBattle

Jul 29, 2019
Mindcrack pack has been updated to include compatible gregtech texture sheets. Either redownload the pack to get the fixes or use the patcher.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
The patcher is quite possibly one of the best things to ever happen to a Texture Pack. I'm currently trying to tweak system performance to allow me to run with Soartex Fanver and my recording program without experiencing technical difficulties.

danny75

Jul 29, 2019
Really like the look of this pack. everyone on the server uses it too. But i'm having serious issues. My FPS drops to around 1 when i use this (even with optifine tweaked to faster settings). I have better specs than most of the other server members, so i can't figure out the problem. Any help is appreciated.

vineet

Jul 29, 2019
Umm, when I open up soartex direwolf, I can't seem to find the file with all the forestry textures.

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
I just registered to say thanks to you guys, I started using this pack couple days ago and I really love it, great work.

vineet

Jul 29, 2019
I got a problem:

I edited the forestry's blocks texture (the wooden planks ( by the way, I am using Soartex Fanver). When I go play minecraft, I find that only the slabs have the new edited textures, but the actual block has the default Soartex texture. Furthermore, I find these yellow Words in the console : 2013-01-01 19:50:11 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] Detected a texture FX sizing discrepancy in TextureAnimFX (1024, 16384) 2013-01-01 19:50:11 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] Detected a texture FX sizing discrepancy in TextureAnimFX (1024, 16384)
).At first I thought that my textures were the wrong size, but they are. Any solutions?

* sorry if this might be off topic, but I am using the soartex fanver pack, and no one seems to have a solution.

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
More progress will come, but for now I am busy IRL. I am moving to Texas from Colorado, and am at the stage of packing and moving boxes. It won't be long before lots of new content starts flowing again, but for now I am mostly maintaining. It's up to the other contributors for the time being. I'm going to fix the wonky frame motor textures by the way. I have my eye on most of the RP machines as well...

@Vineet: Forestry wood planks come from another texture file outside the blocks.png. Edit the arboriculture.png. Also, post them maybe? Someone could find them useful.
The TextureAnimFX sizing problem can be ignored if it makes no difference in-game. Does the error show up in the unedited pack?

Off topic? I'm not complaining. You just get to hear my babble. :p

EDIT: OP revised. If you hate it, throw some tomatoes or something.

GoldBattle

Jul 29, 2019
Amazing work on the OP shoe. Really like it. On a diffrent note, I'll be doing my best to cover for shoe but nobody is as good as him when it comes for putting out a lot of textures. While I am going to try my hand at some of them.....I'll still be just here to keep things updated and clean up ;)

Hope everybody had a great new year!

Psykoe

Jul 29, 2019
Just another guy saying thank you very much to the Soartex Fanver team. This is an amazing texture pack, I love everything about it :) Now I just got to train myself to figure out different ores when they are in the walls. The silver/tin/aluminum all look identical to me atm lmao. Need to spend more time caving and analyzing the textures to tell them at a distance (dont usually use Texture Packs) but yours just makes everything look beautiful, and it actually makes cobble/smoothstone looks satisfying :)

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
Coming here to Austin? Great Place.

Also amazing work BTW. This is my GOTO pack!
Naah, DFW. :p

@Psykoe: I'd like to branch out into different ore textures. Would definitely make the pack easier to use. The problem is, we need ore textures that look good with the originals and the originals are reaaaly good.

Psykoe

Jul 29, 2019
It definitely wasnt a slam on your textures sir, they are amazing. I was just saying that from a new users standpoint I gotta study them hehe. I a starting to tell them apart somewhat! I really do love your Ingot texture for Lead, its awesome. I would imagine that its kinda hard to texture 3 different ores that are all similar in color to make them look different when all your ores look the same pattern wise. But I really do love everything about your pack. The wheat looks awesome as well as alot of the plants. I wanted to check out John Smith and after loading it up and seeing their version of the Autumn Woods I was like nope, Soartex did it perfectly, so I think Soartex will be what I use from now on :D[DOUBLEPOST=1357538242][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, as a guy who lives near the DFW area, why on earth would ANYONE go from Colorado to DFW hehe. Colorado is gorgeous, DFW area is meh in the best of places hehe. Also sir, good luck in the move, I hope everything goes smooth, and your trip is safe!

Reactions: GoldBattle

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
@Psykoe: I think I'll make a picture guide for all the soartex ores. Would probably make things a little easier.

I currently have multiple jackets on. I can see my breath. Snow is everywhere. The ice I broke off of the gutters three weeks ago is still solid on the side of my house. All the windows are lovely, covered in ice crystals slowly breaking down into solid sheets of ice.

zahfelade

Jul 29, 2019
@Psykoe: I think I'll make a picture guide for all the soartex ores. Would probably make things a little easier.
Just a suggestion for the ore differentiation...Why not make all of the same kind of ore from all the different mods look the same?

- All the Silver Ore (from Redpower2, Thermal Expansion, Factorization) a bluish-gray.
- All the Tin Ore (from Redpower2, Thermal Expansion, IC2, Forestry, etc...) a slightly yellowish tinted color (like the current IC2 texture)
- All the Copper Ore (from Redpower2, Thermal Expansion, IC2, Forestry, etc...) a dull orange color
- etc...

This would also help with quickly identifying ore while it's in a chest or your inventory. It might not automatically be put next to similar ores by Mods like Inventory Tweaks, but you'll be able to tell with a quick glance how much of a certain ore you have if they all look the same.

I'm not sure if coloring the different mod's ores differently from the same ore of another mod was done with a purpose, but I think it would definitely free up a few textures, so that you don't have some looking the same, or very similar.

I understand that it's a good way to tell if the copper you are mining will stack with the copper you just mined a minute ago, but from my experience a miner's backpack from forestry, a canvas bag from Redpower2, and Alchemical bag from EQ3, the Backpack Mod, or something similar makes this a non-issue. And lets face it. If you're using enough mods for different ore ID to be a problem, you're most likely going to have a mod that helps manage your inventory on-the-go.

GoldBattle

Jul 29, 2019
I totally agree zah! With the forge ore dictionary getting more and more use every time updates come along, I will not be surprised to see that there still remains more then one type of ore in the game soon. But you do see the major problem. The identification of the ores. I am pretty sure the pack will be unifying all the ores across the mods but the ingots are still up to question. Ingots are what the user is usually managing in their inventory and therefore it is very user friendly to have similar but different colors of the same ores. I also believe that shoe is in the process of making a new ore pattern that matches the pack and could allow for the users to easily tell one ore from another.

Reactions: DrCeph
Status
Not open for further replies.