4x4x4 6-directional frame drive

RainWarrior

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, sweet design, far better than my attempt to make one of these. I've made it in my let's play and have done a separate video of me putting it together, all credit given to you in both video descriptions. I've posted the build video here as the pictures are good but a video might help some people a bit (the pictures are very easy to follow btw).

Please let me know if you'd rather me not post the video or upload it at all, I can remove it from the thread and make it private on youtube if you'd prefer.

Thanks again for the design.

Hi there! Feel free to do whatever you want with the design, it's just a design :)
But thanks for the credit anyway :p

Reactions: Ako_the_Builder

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there! Feel free to do whatever you want with the design, it's just a design :)
But thanks for the credit anyway :p

Thanks, the one in the video is now in a hot air balloon thaumcraft aura node tug boat type thing :)

balloon.jpg

zaekeon

Jul 29, 2019
On my 7th or 8th try of making this thing...has to be the most frustrating thing in the world trying to figure out the motor placement, even with the video. I get all excited and one direciton doesn't work, lol. Thanks for the design though. Once I get it working, it should be good.

dlord

Jul 29, 2019
I use this as part of my RP2 frame builds:

Wireless redstone-controlled. Compact. And it can be used as a mobile battery due to the number of solar panels and battboxes you can put in.

It's also easy to put in an enderchest when solar power is not available, at the cost of having it bigger by 1 block on 2 sides.

The only thing I hate about it is that it makes most of my builds unsymmetrical. ~_~

RainWarrior

Jul 29, 2019
So I made a new version:
dpy6LR8h.jpg

Now all 6 motors move into their own empty space, and it looks like the signal that activates direction also works in the stuck state (so 7th receiver is optional).
The only downside is that moving motors are not charging when in init state, so they need an initial chargup time (again, they can be signaled by the same signal).
Picture tutorial is here: http://imgur.com/a/R7iIg

It might also be easier to build, because it feels more symmetrical to me :p