32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

grindle2000

Jul 29, 2019
Yea I also use the JS backrounds has most of the mod supported and only takes about 5 min to move the files over.
They also seem to fit the texture style well.

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
Glad to hear you guys are considering background images. The ones the vanilla John Smith pack uses for the crafting table, furnace, dispenser, etc., mostly eliminate the readability problem.

But those have to be hand-drawn for each individual GUI, and frankly I don't want to spend months of my personal time just to solve a minor problem that only a few people are having part of the time,

AuXDubz

Jul 29, 2019
Holly Moooolly these looks good xD, i need to get Shaders installed lol[DOUBLEPOST=1355626654][/DOUBLEPOST]Wait, how did you get the shaders/?

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
But those have to be hand-drawn for each individual GUI, and frankly I don't want to spend months of my personal time just to solve a minor problem that only a few people are having part of the time,
Well, that's a darn crying shame. I really like the look of the world using this texture pack. Unfortunately, the illegible and seemingly half-broken GUIs are a deal-breaker. Maybe I can find another pack that I like the GUIs and hack the two together. Everyone else who can't read dark grey on transparent, I'll let you know if I find something and post a patch here for you.

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
Well, that's a darn crying shame. I really like the look of the world using this texture pack. Unfortunately, the illegible and seemingly half-broken GUIs are a deal-breaker. Maybe I can find another pack that I like the GUIs and hack the two together. Everyone else who can't read dark grey on transparent, I'll let you know if I find something and post a patch here for you.

I'm not saying that we are going to be leaving the GUIs as they are, I'm just saying don't expect a hand drawn background.

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not saying that we are going to be leaving the GUIs as they are, I'm just saying don't expect a hand drawn background.
That's great news. Your last few posts on the issue have seemed to be against fixing it. I'd be perfectly happy with a set of alternate GUI's that use copy-pasted texturing from the chest and inventory screens. I've started work on exactly that myself for personal use, but it's difficult with the merged layer finals and myself being an almost complete texture noob. :p

TheCrestedMingus

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone noticed a problem with the oil in this texture pack? I'm using the most recent FTB Magic Pack, along with IC2, and oil in my world looks very odd with the texture pack - it is the liquid shown below. Texture appears to be similar to water...

Thanks for any help!

6dv2g4.png

grindle2000

Jul 29, 2019
for the gui backrounds i use the one from the isabella texture pack they are nice and almost match the JS textures

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone noticed a problem with the oil in this texture pack? I'm using the most recent FTB Magic Pack, along with IC2, and oil in my world looks very odd with the texture pack - it is the liquid shown below. Texture appears to be similar to water...

Thanks for any help!

-picture showing weird oil-

That's really strange. Have you made any modifications to the pack?

DrCeph

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

As I've told Glowstrontium previously, I love this pack! I really missed the old purple ground in the mushroom biomes - I loved that they were super weird looking. I did a dirty hack and changed the mycelium to purpleish. Attached to this is a link to my modified terrain.png file for anybody who wants it. All other textures are untouched.

EDIT: If I've broken some sort of licence by modifying the texture, let me know and I can remove it.

Attachments

• terrain.png
    terrain.png
    385 KB · Views: 128

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

As I've told Glowstrontium previously, I love this pack! I really missed the old purple ground in the mushroom biomes - I loved that they were super weird looking. I did a dirty hack and changed the mycelium to purpleish. Attached to this is a link to my modified terrain.png file for anybody who wants it. All other textures are untouched.

EDIT: If I've broken some sort of licence by modifying the texture, let me know and I can remove it.

I honestly couldn't give two-shits whether people modify the textures.

The only thing that I don't want you to do is to take credit for the stuff that you didn't do. If you abide by that, then all the power to you. And no, that wasn't directed at you DrCeph, just to anybody who reads this. I'll probably change it back to purple anyways, I liked it better that way. Not sure how it got changed back to the odd green color.

DrCeph

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly couldn't give two-shits whether people modify the textures.

The only thing that I don't want you to do is to take credit for the stuff that you didn't do. If you abide by that, then all the power to you. And no, that wasn't directed at you DrCeph, just to anybody who reads this. I'll probably change it back to purple anyways, I liked it better that way. Not sure how it got changed back to the odd green color.

Sweet as, dirty hack is all yours if you want or need it.

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks for any help!
That's a problem with MCPatcher. I suggest using Optifine until MCPatcher gets all the kinks it has with forge ironed out.

SCAL37

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else been finding that the game crashes when trying to use a research table?