[32x] Galaxis - The High Tech FTB Texture Pack.

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! Welcome to the Galaxis Pack

This is a new pack I am developing that originally started off as a personal project. Basically I will eventually need a semi futuristic texture pack. I take inspiration from multiple texture packs, and my decision to work in 32x32 is based off the popularity of the Johnsmith texture pack. For your information I attend art school so I actually know what I'm doing! (not saying others don't, but I don't suspect all TP authors are art students)

Now, I have hardly began working on this pack, and it could be months before I am finished. There is a very distinct feel that I want for this pack which is why I am going to be making the majority of it on my own. Over the course of its development people can offer help and if they match what I want for this pack then I would have no problem letting them collaborate.

The pack itself is suppose to give the players the option to have cool looking semi futuristic machines in 32x format. I draw inspiration for this concept from packs such as Lost in Space or Aeon Legacy.

I will not create textures solely for creative build purposes.
EX : Making dirt look like some cool metal panel
I see this happen often in sci fi packs and since this pack is being made exclusively for FTB modpacks, normal vanilla textures will still make sense, while all the mod blocks can have the cool fancy textures. The ENTIRE thing is being scratch built, which is another thing I rarely see from texture pack authors. Now, this pack is growing slowly and I will update it as major updates happen. I'll be keeping vanilla updated as much as possible as I complete modpacks one at a time. I will release a working version after Vanilla textures have been finished. I'm hoping to incorporate animated textures in a lot of the pack as well.

Anyways, here's a quick glimpse at the few textures I have completed for the pack. Keep in mind this is only the very beginning of development and all of these are prone to change based on your feedback!

goe8.png

I know it's not a lot at all really.. But I work on this every day. Usually I have and idea and I just wing it so stick with me if stuff looks funky, this is the first time I'm doing this :p
Lastly I do not give anyone any permission to use these textures at all for anything without my express consent. Thank you.

Last edited:

diggerjohn99

Jul 29, 2019
I am liking what I am seeing. It is refreshing to see someone try something so bold for FTB, and not jut a rehashing of vanilla TPs. Keep going, I am sure this will be big.

kittenykat

Jul 29, 2019
Be sure you retexture Thaumcraft's tallow candles; that horrible default green with the animated black stripes makes me want to vomit, and so few texture packs bother reskinning it! x_x

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately I must take a break from working on this. I have lots of deadlines to meet for other things and I cannot spend as much time on this pack as I had hoped. Do not worry, when I have finished with all these other tasks I will begin working on it daily.