[32x] Faithful 1.4.7 Mindcrack v8.3.2.

ChiTown03

Jul 29, 2019
If your gonna use most of my work (which i dont mind) at least ask me to post it in my thread. Like Lambert said there is no need for 4 different faithful threads. Basically what you did was dl the pack i put together and added gregtech textures.

noleosis

Jul 29, 2019
Chi and to a lesser extent Lambert why don't you guys just leave this alone? He gave you credit in the op and you did say that you where going to drop support for the MindCrack pack anyway. Your work is based off others work is based off others work blah blah etc. and that's all fine and good but if the texture packs are going to be maintained by two different people, for two different mod packs, then maybe it should be two different threads.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Like many others, I greatly appreciated the work that Chi had done in expanding and maintaining the Faithful pack to support FTB blocks. A lot of work has gone into it and I am grateful for it.

However, since the recent spat and narrowing of focus to support only the DW pack, i am relieved others have stepped up to fill the gap.

If this means separate threads, then so be it. Anything built on on a base of Vattic/chi and kept up to date will be a great texture pack and keep the mind cracker community very happy.

Great work WARSTEINER ...

Keppe

Jul 29, 2019
Nice to see someone supporting the Faithful packs for Mindcrack when Chi changed to DW20.

Something odd I did notice is that the Stone Bricks seems blurry and doesn't have the crisp look of other blocks, is that intended or something you overlooked?

Either way, thank you for compiling this for us!
:)

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Nice to see someone supporting the Faithful packs for Mindcrack when Chi changed to DW20.

Something odd I did notice is that the Stone Bricks seems blurry and doesn't have the crisp look of other blocks, is that intended or something you overlooked?

Either way, thank you for compiling this for us!
:)
I noticed that as well. It bugged me quite a bit. It may be that the customizer was used. I know for sure the default Vattic pack does not look like that. Thanks for putting this together, Warsteiner. And yes, I agree that this thread should stay separate from the DW20 one. It was made very clear there than the Mindcrack pack was not going to be supported. No need for this pack to be placed where it isn't wanted.

Ratzfaz

Jul 29, 2019
The texture for my favorite item is still missing.
Its the 'Extended FORTH Disk'
Item ID : 5270:2
The texture is missing in file \eloraam\control\control1.png

Thanks a lot for the hard work on this Texturepack.

Warsteina

Jul 29, 2019
new update.

changes: some optical fixes,new icons and trigger.pnp for thermalexpansion.

thanks Ratzfaz for your hint,is fixed in this update.

Keppe

Jul 29, 2019
Absolutely excellent!

I noticed two things though, ItemID 1058:7 (Signal Capacitor Box) and 1058:12 (Signal Block Relay Box) have pink textures on top (missing?)
Other than that, thank you very much :D

Warsteina

Jul 29, 2019
Absolutely excellent!

I noticed two things though, ItemID 1058:7 (Signal Capacitor Box) and 1058:12 (Signal Block Relay Box) have pink textures on top (missing?)
Other than that, thank you very much :D

is fixed now, and thanks.

Godslord456

Jul 29, 2019
Pls fix redpower frame motor . Im using optifine but when i change it to normal texture pack it has no problem. Even i removed optifine its still have same problem

Godslord456

Jul 29, 2019
machine1.png

This is what it shows when its animated

Roachy

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone is interested I've made some edits to the IC2 energy block textures (Batbox, MFE, MFSU, and all 3 transformers). I find I can no longer live without these texture modifications and wonder why the default textures are not as explicit.

It might be overkill, but I've labeled each face of each block with it's name, or an abbreviation thereof. Also there are markings on each face:
- "L" bracket markers indicate the "primary" face (output face for storage blocks, higher voltage face for transformers)
- Diagonal line markers indicate the rear face of the block, opposite the "primary" face
- Straight line markers indicate the other sides. I tried to have unique markings on these sides indicating with arrows which way the "primary" face is in relation to each side, however, in-game, these textures always orient based on cardinal directions, and not relative to the other sides.

I've also removed some of the decorative markings on the MFSU and HV transformer as they made the texture too busy.

- Amber colored markers indicate that the block is in its default mode
- Green colored markers indicate that the block is in its alternate mode

For transformers default mode is normal high-to-low voltage mode (low redstone signal), and alternate mode is the inversed low-to-high voltage mode (high redstone signal).

For storage blocks I believe the correlation between modes and textures changed at some point. I'm pretty sure the normal mode texture used to mean "not fully charged", while the alternate mode texture meant "fully charged". However this doesn't appear to be the case anymore. These days, the only time I ever see storage blocks using the alternate mode texture is when they are set to "Emit if partially charged", and redstone signal seems to not affect the texture mode at all, regardless of the block's redstone configuration. Still, the directional functionality of the added markers is useful.

Attached is the texture PNG file. It's meant for this thread's texture pack. You can add it by opening the texture pack ZIP with 7-zip, navigating to the "ic2/sprites" directory, and dragging the PNG into that directory. Then answer yes when it asks you if you want to add the file to the archive. It should overwrite the original texture PNG file within the archive. Make sure to exit the game before doing this. Also before you insert it intot he archive make sure the image is called block_electric.png or it work overwrite the correct file. Then just load the texture pack in-game as you normally would.

block_electric.png

Here is the original file for comparison or if you want to revert without redownloading the entire texture pack. You'll notice that in the original there is absolutely no difference in the textures for the different modes, which in my opinion is ridiculous considering it can mean the difference between a healthy system and a big hole in your base where a bunch of expensive machines used to be.
block_electric_original.png

I've also attached the .XCF file I used to make my edits with GIMP. It's in a ZIP because I can't upload a .XCF apparently.

Attachments

• block_electric.zip
    60.7 KB · Views: 164