2 best items in ftb! [help]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
G

Grubas

I'm playing on a ftb infinity evolved (latest version) where we are allowed to pick 2 items to start with. I was wondering which are the best? We are not allowed to pick from Draconic Evolution and something that you can only get from creative, like creative energy cell. Anything else we are allowed too pick from and I was wondering what should I pick? 2 items.
Thanks for reply!

K

KiloFox0918

TiCon Hammer and Extra Utilities angel ring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Depends on what you want. If you want speed, all Cobalt. Me, I like Cobalt Head, one Paper Plate and one Thaumium Plate, and a Manyullyn Rod. Lots of durability and good speed, plus the ability to add up to five levels of redstone or four and a capacitor.

G

Grubas

Depends on what you want. If you want speed, all Cobalt. Me, I like Cobalt Head, one Paper Plate and one Thaumium Plate, and a Manyullyn Rod. Lots of durability and good speed, plus the ability to add up to five levels of redstone or four and a capacitor.
gonna try it out before in singleplayer! ty

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
"Best" is purely a personal preference... You're better off asking people what they like and why, as they may have reasons you didn't think about.

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
I would pick something with flight like the angel ring or jetpack and a decent TiCon Sword

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Having flight from the get go is amazingly underestimated. Angel Ring would make travel and building exponentially easier than without.

Personally in your scenario, I would aim for a decent TC wand (at least Silverwood with Thaumium Caps). As much greatness as I find in TC, I still hate dealing with filling my wands before I can move nodes.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If you're going to do that, I'd suggest a Silverwood Scepter, with the Thaumium Caps, since that's vastly more powerful for the crafting you're going to need to be doing.

Me? Give me an Angel Block, because it makes life building much, much easier early on, and an Open Blocks glider, because it makes exploring incredibly easy.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
If you're going to do that, I'd suggest a Silverwood Scepter, with the Thaumium Caps, since that's vastly more powerful for the crafting you're going to need to be doing.

Me? Give me an Angel Block, because it makes life building much, much easier early on, and an Open Blocks glider, because it makes exploring incredibly easy.

Can you move nodes with a scepter? If so, you're probably right. If not, I'll keep the wand for just that reason.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I was thinking crafting, rather than node moving. If you want to be able to move nodes, you'd want to go with a staff instead, since the Silverwood one has enough to move three nodes, while you'd only be able to move one with the wand before having to recharge it.

I picked the scepter because it has a much better crafting capability, and I believe you can get to the point of moving nodes without ever having to recharge a full scepter. Then again is there anything you need to craft to be able to move nodes?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Ender Quarry and Angel Ring.

The Angel ring has been covered. It lets you fly and normally would cost a nether star, not to mention the EU ritual to make the unstable ingots. The Ender quarry costs like 10 ender pearls, which can be hard to get in the early game.

Do this and all you'd need to do to start off is build a very basic shelter, some piping, a pump and lava generators, but you'll be able to hit the ground running very quickly because you'll be sitting on stacks of diamonds 12 hours into your run.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
It is, but he asked for our personal opinions.

No, he said "Best two items", not "Your favorite two items". There are other threads asking what your Favorite mod is and why, but asking what the "Best" items are assumes that you play the game exactly the same way he does.

For example, is the "Best" item a tool or a weapon? Depends on your playstyle, doesn't it? :)

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019

Cobalt? Doesn't infinity evolved use a version of TiCo before they balanced enderium? An enderium hammer is what is fast.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Cobalt? Doesn't infinity evolved use a version of TiCo before they balanced enderium? An enderium hammer is what is fast.

This depends on what version of Infinity they are playing. At some point, Extra TiC was updated in the pack, which nerfed all of the TE materials. If they have the older Extra TiC, Enderium and Signalum are amazingly powerful - if they are playing latest release, neither are worth anything.

I hate lumberjacking in Minecraft, so an Unbreakable Lumber Axe is a consideration for me.