Open 2.5.3: Witchery - Spirit World Crashes and ...

SQros

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Sometimes the game crashes when I'm leaving the Spirit World. I'd estimate this happens 3 - 4 times over an 8 hour period.

The message is 'Connection Lost' and it drops me on a multiplayer screen - I only play single player.

and ... it's never once been day. I'm sure I've made 30+ sleep potions, so either RNG really hates me or it's a bug. Sometimes when I arrive it's daylight but changes to night immediately. I've been to the Spirit World in other packs.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
The crashes happen sometimes, but the lack of daylight is consistent.

Known Fix:

SQros

Jul 29, 2019
I was able to find the Minecraft Crash Logs, but not any others. When I tried to attach the Minecraft logs your system wanted a different format and froze. I looked through the Minecraft directory in the Sky Factory folder and didn't see anything that might be a FTB log. If you tell me where to look, I'll happily send it along. Thnx

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if you're running out of memory when changing dimensions, do you have more RAM to dedicate to the pack and see if it continues to happen?

The crash report seems to point to a Stirling Generator for some reason. Try removing you stirling generators and see if you can get the crash to happen again?

SQros

Jul 29, 2019
I did as you suggested and removed both Stirlings. I found the options on the FTB launch site and increased the ram (I'd already increased it on my main Minecraft launcher, I put it up to 2 gb, it was at 1). The system crashed the first time after I'd discovered the FTB options, probably because I increased the ram too high, but it seems settled at 3 gb. Unfortunately, I still crashed - the most recent report is at http://pastebin.com/6DfhR9cZ although it may be the one where I'd pushed the ram too far. I had 13 potions and crashed three times, plus once with too much ram issue. It was night every time.