Closed 2.5.3: Veinminer causing crashes with tools that break multiple blocks

Time6628

Jul 29, 2019

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I am running a 2.5.3 server as well and I can use a tinkers unbreakable pick axe without issue. I have not used the draconic staff yet though.

Time6628

Jul 29, 2019
@Darkosto I grabbed the version of veinminer from the link below and it seems to fix the issue. The changelog mentions fixes with tinkers tools. Hope this helps :D

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/veinminer/files/2313408

@Time6628 Update the version to the one above as this fixes the issue. If you don't know how to do this then wait for Darkosto to update the pack with the fix.
I know how to update mods... the problem with updating it would be that everyone who joins the server would have to update the mod as well.

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
Right, well the problem is this is going to have to wait. I just put an update out as released this past week. I'm aware of the issue and it's fixed in my development version.

Putting multiple updates out immediately in a row causes issues for server owners, so this will need to wait at least 1-2 weeks before it's public.

Time6628

Jul 29, 2019
Right, well the problem is this is going to have to wait. I just put an update out as released this past week. I'm aware of the issue and it's fixed in my development version.

Putting multiple updates out immediately in a row causes issues for server owners, so this will need to wait at least 1-2 weeks before it's public.
Alright, thank you :3.

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019

A hotfix wouldn't be too bad regarding this Dark, veinminer is super popular and is usually one of the first questions asked by new players (is veinminer enabled?)
For now we had to disable it as the servers were crashing around 2-20 timers per day but other than that, excellent update thus far!

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
A hotfix wouldn't be too bad regarding this Dark, veinminer is super popular and is usually one of the first questions asked by new players (is veinminer enabled?)
For now we had to disable it as the servers were crashing around 2-20 timers per day but other than that, excellent update thus far!

Just tell them not to use a lumber axe or draconic tools.

It is the client that crashes with the tinkers tool and the server crashes with the draconic tools.

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Just tell them not to use a lumber axe or draconic tools.

It is the client that crashes with the tinkers tool and the server crashes with the draconic tools.
It's a bit hard to notify or expect a few hundred players to abide by that.

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, Union, you might be able to get away with removing those items from veinminer for your server for the time being. I can't remember if configs sync to the server for that mod.

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, Union, you might be able to get away with removing those items from veinminer for your server for the time being. I can't remember if configs sync to the server for that mod.
Ah good call sir, I'll see what I can do with the configs

Edit: Tried both server, then server and client config changes for:
B:autodetect.tools.enable=false in general.cfg
B:autodetect.tools=false in modSupport.cfg

Neither prevented the draconic tools from stalling the server unfortunately. Apart from the Tinkers' tools I couldn't see draconic tools referenced anywhere in the veinminer configs.

Last edited:

Jakja22

Jul 29, 2019
@Darkosto I grabbed the version of veinminer from the link below and it seems to fix the issue. The changelog mentions fixes with tinkers tools. Hope this helps :D

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/veinminer/files/2313408

@Time6628 Update the version to the one above as this fixes the issue. If you don't know how to do this then wait for Darkosto to update the pack with the fix.
This doesn't fix the issue of the Tinker's Construct hammer crashing the server.

Edit: Using the latest version.

Last edited:

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Ah good call sir, I'll see what I can do with the configs

Edit: Tried both server, then server and client config changes for:
B:autodetect.tools.enable=false in general.cfg
B:autodetect.tools=false in modSupport.cfg

Neither prevented the draconic tools from stalling the server unfortunately. Apart from the Tinkers' tools I couldn't see draconic tools referenced anywhere in the veinminer configs.

There is an update to draconic evolution I think.

Time6628

Jul 29, 2019
Any ETA on the update that will fix this? It's been an entire month since the last Sky Factory 2.5 update :S.