Closed 2.5.3: SAG Mill gives double diamonds for armour

A

Auride

Version:

What is the bug:
When putting vanilla diamond armour in a SAG Mill (Ender IO), I'm getting a number of diamonds equivalent to twice the number used to craft each armour piece. For example, diamond pants give 14 diamonds rather than 7.

Also, diamond boots give 8 leather, rather than the appropriate 4 diamonds.

Mod & Version:
Sky Factory 2.5.3

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes. It seems to be consistent to the point where you should be able to automate the process for infinite diamonds. Bad.

Known Fix:
Don't use the SAG Mill on armour

A

Auride

When I posted this, I did have Dark Steel Balls in the SAG mill. That said, I just tried it a few times today with mixed results. It does not always work. Sometimes it gives the appropriate amount of material. However, both with and without the dark steel balls, it still does occasionally produce double diamonds. The diamonds are almost definitely real, as they can be crafted with, thrown, picked up, and remain on log-out/in.

At this point I'm not really sure what the trigger for it is. It seems to happen fairly often, so others should be able to replicate it.

EDIT: It seems I made a mistake earlier. I forgot about the steel ball which was in the middle of being consumed. I've tested it again and am fairly certain that the steel ball is actually required. Knowing that, the bug is almost definitely the result of armour not being added to the list of items excluded from receiving grinding ball modifiers in Ender IO's config files.

New Known Fix: Add all armour (and any other items which can be directly crafted from their SAG Mill products) to the grinding ball exclude list.

Last edited: