Open 2.5.2: SkyFactory 2.5.2 Server Stalling

E

Eavon

Version:

What is the bug:
I'm not sure if this is the palce, but here it is. The server is constantly stalling when a specific user joins their island, only these users are affected. We have checked farms, etc, but we keep turning up with the same coordinates, literally across the world from them which is a 100% Empty Chunk. The coordinates OPIS, ClearLagg gives is x-24, z1.

Pastebin of stall report ~100 of these puppies now.
http://pastebin.com/YnpAwTZW

I have checked both of these chunks, and they're both empty. Anyone know what is causing this?

Using ASkyBlock for the island plugin.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
It comes and goes.

Known Fix: Update from 2.5.2 to 2.5.3

Last edited:

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
Are you aware Sky Factory has an Island creation mod already available in the pack? Also, you may want to update to 2.5.3

E

Eavon

We are aware, but it didn't look like it had any user commands so that they can create their own, and we wanted that feature. Would that help fix this issue if I updated?

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to take a closer look at the logs, updating may fix it but I can't guarantee.

E

Eavon

Alrighty, well I walk talk with the other server staff and we can decide from here. Thank you very much for the suggestion!

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any nodes at all in the chunk? Something generating that you can't see? Have you tried deleting the region files when checking it out? Is the server performance pretty good outside of this?

E

Eavon

There is a hungry node in the chunk 1-2 from it, it's around 2000 - 4500 aspects. But the users are on an island about ~800 or so blocks away from this node, which strikes me odd. I will look at the region files and see what I can see there. And yes, the performance does well. It usually stays at 19.90 - 20.00 TPS, this is monitored heavily since we're a fairly new server.

I questioned the node, but I did not think that would be affecting this.

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
It shouldn't be the node causing the issue, but I also don't get this issue on my own server. I'll keep looking!

E

Eavon

I was looking through the region files for the ASkyBlock dimension, and there's so many. I won't be able to look through them all tonight without falling asleep. We will continue this tomorrow, maybe I will come back to an update from you! It should be in the r.-1.0.mca region file according to dinnerbones coordinate tool. The r.-1.0.mca should contain the chunk information for x-24, z1, and the coordinates -384,0,16 to -369,15,31, but I'm not seeing much in terms of data.

We have updated to 2.5.3 and it seems to have corrected the issue. Why? I have no idea. But this is something to keep in mind. Thanks for your help!

Last edited: