Closed 2.5.0: Non-standard default options and crash upon change.

R

Ropher

Version:

What is the bug:
When launching 2.5.0 for the first time, I noticed that many of "default" options were non-standard with those I've always seen after a virgin install. Notably:

Music was set to 0%
Master volume was set to 75%
Mood was set to Bright
Mipmap Levels was set to 0.

Any attempt to change Mipmap Levels from 0 consistently sets it to 1 and subsequently causes a full freeze of minecraft, requiring the process to be killed to remove the window.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes.

Known Fix:

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
Changing Mipmap does take time to process and freezes up the window for about 10-15 seconds for me. But, I cannot reproduce a total freeze for longer than that on Curse, FTB, or on MultiMC. How long are you waiting before you kill the process?

The other settings have been purposely changed by me. I do not like to leave settings to default because much of it is an annoyance to me as a player when opening up a pack with default settings.

A

Akrisae

I noticed a freeze yesterday when I changed mipmap. I thought it was a full freeze but I started spam clicking and it recovered itself.

R

Ropher

Changing Mipmap does take time to process and freezes up the window for about 10-15 seconds for me. But, I cannot reproduce a total freeze for longer than that on Curse, FTB, or on MultiMC. How long are you waiting before you kill the process?

Not long enough. It works fine if I wait. Thanks!