Closed 2.5.0: Bone Meal being used up, but not affecting Magical Crops

H

Horthrax

Version:

What is the bug:
While trying to use bone meal on magical crops, it will use up the bone meal yet not effect the crop. Video example:

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes, place down a magical crop on tilled dirt and use vanilla bone meal on it to see affects.

Known Fix:

R

RuinSmith_Hlit

as far as im aware, this is an intended result from magical crops to not use regular bone meal to 'fertilize' crops, and only magical fertilizer will work on them. the reason is pretty simple, if you had a machine automating placing cheap as dirt bonemeal onto these crops end game would be that much quicker to reach.
now if the error you are talking about is the wasted bonemeal on a crop, i dunno what i can say about that, it is a plant so it will be a legal target for bonemeal but magical crops detects if its magical fertilizer or not... this has been this way for a while in magical crops. not just in 2.5 version of skyfactory.

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
This is something that cannot be changed via configs, as in, I cannot allow these crops to be bonemealed. It is very deceiving and I wish it didn't do that. However, you can use a watering can speed up their growth.

GarlicInYourEye

Jul 29, 2019
This is indeed intended from the mod developer, as far as I know the only things that help increase growth rate (in this pack) are the growth pulsers by the same mod and both the regular watering can and reinforced watering can. The agricarnation from botania do not work, have not tested the lamp growth from Thaumcraft.

Z

Zorrio

Not a bug magical crops use the watercan , and lil pads to stimulate growth ... never worked with bonemeal!