Open 2.4.2: Tinker's Mechworks Dupe

Discussion in 'Infinity Evolved 1.7.10' started by Inaeo, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Inaeo

Inaeo New Member

Version:

What is the bug:
    Any block that maintains inventory/fluid/power on breaking can be used in conjunction with the Drawbridge for massive dupe potential.

Mod & Version:
    Tinker's Mechworks since 1.6.4

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
    Yes. I'll example using the Immersive Engineering Crate.

Acquire ImmEng Crate and a Tinker's Mechworks Drawbridge. Place Crate on ground and place one iron ingot inside. Break Crate. Place Drawbridge on the ground and place Crate inside as the block to be extended. Apply Redstone signal to Drawbridge, extending the Crate. Remove iron from Crate. Stop Redstone signal to Drawbridge, retracting the Crate. Reapply Redstone signal to Drawbridge, extending the Crate again. Remove iron from Crate. Rinse and repeat.

Known Fix:
    Add any block that maintains inventory/fluid/power on breaking to the Drawbridge blacklist in the configs.

Booker The Geek likes this.
  2. Inaeo

Inaeo New Member

Here is an example Drawbridge blacklist taken from Space Astronomy. It is not all inclusive, and has a few items from mods not included by default, but it's a great start (and should really be a default blacklist shipped with the mod).

Code:
    S:blacklist <
    ThermalExpansion:Cache
    ThermalExpansion:Strongbox
    ThermalExpansion:Device
    ThermalExpansion:Cell
    ThermalExpansion:Strongbox
    MineFactoryReloaded:machine.1
    ExtraUtilities:filing
    ExtraUtilities:filing:1
    EnderIO:blockVacuumChest
    rftools:modularStorageBlock
    Mekanism:CardboardBox
    ExtraUtilities:drum
    OpenBlocks:tank
    TConstruct:ToolStationBlock
    TConstruct:CraftingSlab
    ImmersiveEngineering:woodenDevice

3. Booker The Geek

Booker The Geek Well-Known Member

Most server admins know about this. Sadly the only real fix is to blacklist any/every block that holds inventory when broken .

4. Inaeo

Inaeo New Member

Correct. I would like a blacklist in the config shipped with the pack on any update. Realistically, Tinker's Mechworks should ship it standard with the mod, but seeing as this has existed in one form or another since 1.6.4 (or even before that possibly), I'm not thinking the Dev cares.

If we at least compile the list, it gives server admins an easy copy/paste to fix it themselves.

5. Booker The Geek

Booker The Geek Well-Known Member

True, get me a list of the items that need to be blacklisted and I'll write up a config for it.