Open 2.4.2: Tinker's Mechworks Dupe

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Any block that maintains inventory/fluid/power on breaking can be used in conjunction with the Drawbridge for massive dupe potential.

Mod & Version:
Tinker's Mechworks since 1.6.4

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes. I'll example using the Immersive Engineering Crate.

Acquire ImmEng Crate and a Tinker's Mechworks Drawbridge. Place Crate on ground and place one iron ingot inside. Break Crate. Place Drawbridge on the ground and place Crate inside as the block to be extended. Apply Redstone signal to Drawbridge, extending the Crate. Remove iron from Crate. Stop Redstone signal to Drawbridge, retracting the Crate. Reapply Redstone signal to Drawbridge, extending the Crate again. Remove iron from Crate. Rinse and repeat.

Known Fix:
Add any block that maintains inventory/fluid/power on breaking to the Drawbridge blacklist in the configs.

Reactions: Booker The Geek

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Here is an example Drawbridge blacklist taken from Space Astronomy. It is not all inclusive, and has a few items from mods not included by default, but it's a great start (and should really be a default blacklist shipped with the mod).

Code:
S:blacklist <
ThermalExpansion:Cache
ThermalExpansion:Strongbox
ThermalExpansion:Device
ThermalExpansion:Cell
ThermalExpansion:Strongbox
MineFactoryReloaded:machine.1
ExtraUtilities:filing
ExtraUtilities:filing:1
EnderIO:blockVacuumChest
rftools:modularStorageBlock
Mekanism:CardboardBox
ExtraUtilities:drum
OpenBlocks:tank
TConstruct:ToolStationBlock
TConstruct:CraftingSlab
ImmersiveEngineering:woodenDevice

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Correct. I would like a blacklist in the config shipped with the pack on any update. Realistically, Tinker's Mechworks should ship it standard with the mod, but seeing as this has existed in one form or another since 1.6.4 (or even before that possibly), I'm not thinking the Dev cares.

If we at least compile the list, it gives server admins an easy copy/paste to fix it themselves.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Correct. I would like a blacklist in the config shipped with the pack on any update. Realistically, Tinker's Mechworks should ship it standard with the mod, but seeing as this has existed in one form or another since 1.6.4 (or even before that possibly), I'm not thinking the Dev cares.

If we at least compile the list, it gives server admins an easy copy/paste to fix it themselves.
True, get me a list of the items that need to be blacklisted and I'll write up a config for it.