[16x] Isabella II: FTB Edition

Gnomeo

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry and Iron Chests updated and a pull request has been made to the repo. There's still some work to be done, as all I did was bring the 1.4.7 textures forward and there are new blocks/items to create.

Would anyone mind testing for me? I feel my process is taking longer than it needs to, and having help to make sure the textures are working can help me review a bit faster.

I'll be reviewing Thermal Expansion next.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry and Iron Chests updated and a pull request has been made to the repo. There's still some work to be done, as all I did was bring the 1.4.7 textures forward and there are new blocks/items to create.

Would anyone mind testing for me? I feel my process is taking longer than it needs to, and having help to make sure the textures are working can help me review a bit faster.

I'll be reviewing Thermal Expansion next.

Thanks, I saw your pull request yesterday but I was wondering what the most convenient way of reviewing all 788 files. For now I'll just bring in the changes.

Gnomeo

Jul 29, 2019
The best test I've found is to put the changes in a testing texture pack file and run it in Minecraft. I have a sandbox world littered with machines.

Here is a texture pack with just stock Isabella, Forestry, & Iron Chests.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
The best test I've found is to put the changes in a testing texture pack file and run it in Minecraft. I have a sandbox world littered with machines.

Here is a texture pack with just stock Isabella, Forestry, & Iron Chests.

I noticed that pack getting added to dropbox earlier.

MasterAbdoTGM50

Jul 29, 2019
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Isabella 2 FTB Edition is dead
is that what happens when you leave Minecraft for 4 months

Gnomeo

Jul 29, 2019
Not dead, as long as someone wants to continue to use it. I do.

Long story short: The change to texture packs blew it all to hell and it's a pain in the butt to rebuild from scratch.

Short story long: Progress is slow, but here is what I have at the moment. It's a first pass result of a program that took the big texture files of the 1.4.7 and earlier era and unzipped them into individual file for the new format. It mostly works for regular play, though GUIs are likely to be vanilla and some of the blocks & items may be wrong if the new textures are renamed or in a different format. This was the case for many of the blocks and items that have been animated in the new format, such as Forestry's bees or Thermal Expansion's liquid buckets.

Mods reviewed/worked on in depth:
Buildcraft (95% done. icons, triggers, and one GUI to finish)
Minefactory Reloaded (90% done. some items missing)
ExtrabiomesXL (done)
Forestry (99% done. catalog GUI incomplete, couldn't get it to look right)
Industrialcraft2 (90% done. needs some item work and a wiring update)
Ironchests (done)
Railcraft (95% done. needs textures for new content)
Damage Indicators (default setting done, did not do minimal or WoW-like settings)

Preliminary support added (new mods from 1.4.7 version):
Dartcraft (80% done. needs some more item work)
Underground Biomes (done)

Reactions: MasterAbdoTGM50

MasterAbdoTGM50

Jul 29, 2019
Not dead, as long as someone wants to continue to use it. I do.

Long story short: The change to texture packs blew it all to hell and it's a pain in the butt to rebuild from scratch.

Short story long: Progress is slow, but here is what I have at the moment. It's a first pass result of a program that took the big texture files of the 1.4.7 and earlier era and unzipped them into individual file for the new format. It mostly works for regular play, though GUIs are likely to be vanilla and some of the blocks & items may be wrong if the new textures are renamed or in a different format. This was the case for many of the blocks and items that have been animated in the new format, such as Forestry's bees or Thermal Expansion's liquid buckets.

Mods reviewed/worked on in depth:
Buildcraft (95% done. icons, triggers, and one GUI to finish)
Minefactory Reloaded (90% done. some items missing)
ExtrabiomesXL (done)
Forestry (99% done. catalog GUI incomplete, couldn't get it to look right)
Industrialcraft2 (90% done. needs some item work and a wiring update)
Ironchests (done)
Railcraft (95% done. needs textures for new content)
Damage Indicators (default setting done, did not do minimal or WoW-like settings)

Preliminary support added (new mods from 1.4.7 version):
Dartcraft (80% done. needs some more item work)
Underground Biomes (done)

Well Glad to hear that for I am in love with the isabella pack and although I'm not a good texturer but, I will try my best to help

Reactions: ScottKillen

MasterAbdoTGM50

Jul 29, 2019
Alright , I have two things to say
1.Tomorrow I'm going to try to make support for tinkers construct(A must make so that I help)
2.I'm making a mod that uses the Isabella textures and I know that as long I include the about isabella.txt then Im fine but, I also would like to use textures from the ftb edition so I would like to know if you would give such permission.
And th anks (Hope I didnt upset you with anything I said)

Update 1:Althoug they don't look awesome but, I managed to make pickaxe textures of iron, wood and stone and the modifiers of diamond, emerald, redstone and lapiz (only pickaxes)

Update 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?3wdss5l7u3jn41r
This is what I have been able to do although they are not the greatest but maybe it would ease your work
It only includes textures for the pickaxe materials of ardite,manulyum,cobalt,aluminite,iron,wood,stone with their ingots and nuggets and few items Hope it helps Sryyyyyyyyyy

Reactions: MrAndrew420

MasterAbdoTGM50

Jul 29, 2019

Gnomeo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm working on a Christmas present for my fellow Isabella fans.

These were taken in my 1.6.4 sandbox world.
Knm1iA3.png

i9Twtgl.png

5xhpgd7.png

FTPKDDb.png

Still a lot of work to do in the next couple weeks, but I was able to get a large chunk of the file creation done last night.

prenetic

Jul 29, 2019
I'm working on a Christmas present for my fellow Isabella fans.

These were taken in my 1.6.4 sandbox world.
Knm1iA3.png

i9Twtgl.png

5xhpgd7.png

FTPKDDb.png

Still a lot of work to do in the next couple weeks, but I was able to get a large chunk of the file creation done last night.

Isabella holds a special place in our hearts on the server I host. We were deeply saddened at the loss of Isabella II compatibility with Unleashed; this is all like a Christmas miracle.

y401

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the effort you guys are putting in to keep Isabella II alive!

I've been doing some work on textures for my personal use, too.
For the most part, it's just file-shifting or recolours and tweaks of pre-existing Isabella textures, occasional occurances of semi-decent custom artwork.
It's basically a lot of ores, other untextured world-blocks and a couple of items I came accross while playing the Horizons modpack.
Thought I'd share. Maybe it can be of use.

edit: done some more

edit 2 :
So... I somehow ended up doing way more textures than I originally intended to do. This patch now contains a couple hundred textures for:

agriculture (ore)
applied energistics (ore)
ars magica 2 ( liquid essence, plants, ores, some mobs)
artifice ( basalt, marble, flora, some items)
arcane scrolls (arcane ore)
biomes o plenty (lots of world blocks)
dynamictanks (haunted biome blocks)
emasher ( ores, other world blocks, ingots)
farlanders (ruby stuff)
magicalcrops (ores, gems)
metallurgy (lots of ores, GUIs,
pamharvestcraft (some plants, wip)
projectred ( ores, wind turbine, gem tools, backpacks,items)
randomthings (machines, GUIs)
reactorcraft (all ores)
rotarycraft (blast furnace, some other blocks)
thaumcraft (some new blocks and items)
and tinkers construct (lots of world blocks, casts, patterns, minor fixes to tool parts)

Will probably keep working on this. Check the link below for new versions. If you spot any mistakes, feel free to point me to them. :)

http://bit.ly/1nlAaPX
This file only contains files that were modified by me. To get the full pack, install Gnomeo's and Death 9407's packs from directly above this post first.

Last edited:

Death 9407

Jul 29, 2019
I want to thank you for all your work y401!
You did all the work I was avoiding :p ...
Here's a bunch of stuff that I've textured overtime... It's probably mixed with gnomeo's textures and work done before hand, I just can't bother to sort them out...
Download here, It's still missing quite a bit.

Gnomeo

Jul 29, 2019
Nicely done, guys. I like the new font, Death. I'm replacing my computer this week, and in the meantime I'm looking the files over and comparing them to the latest mod versions to see what we have and what we don't. I'll link the latest files as one download when I finish it.

I'm having difficulty convincing myself to go through the tedium of doing the modifier textures for Tinker's Construct. The base tools look good, but damn if those modifiers aren't an eyesore when you add them...

I've also been doing some work on Magical Crops; which is a favorite of mine that now works with Thaumcraft golems and MFR.