[16x] Isabella II: FTB Edition

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to make Tainted Lands and Magical Forests from Thaumcraft go back to their usual colors? Even after deleting the files in assets\minecraft\textures\colormap, I still don't get purple or bluish grass in them.

Gnomeo

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to make Tainted Lands and Magical Forests from Thaumcraft go back to their usual colors? Even after deleting the files in assets\minecraft\textures\colormap, I still don't get purple or bluish grass in them.

What version of Minecraft are you using? The last time this was updated was for Minecraft 1.7, and if memory serves the grass texture wasn't changed from vanilla.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on 1.7.10, I just got curious about this because I found it pretty strange. The foliage color does seem to still change with those biomes as well so I have no idea what's the problem, and as far as I recall playing around with Optifine's color-related settings didn't change much either.
the grass texture wasn't changed from vanilla.
I'm pretty sure it was, probably from a long time ago on Isabella's side. Compare the vanilla grass.png:
Grasscolor.png

To Isabella 2's grass.png:
9aYgsVC.png

I'd guess it was changed to be more in line with the pack's overall saturation changes. I have no idea how TC changes the biome color to something so purple since there's nothing like that in these files, so it's weird how it still gets changed.

Gnomeo

Jul 29, 2019
That's what I get for posting late.

What I meant to say was: I don't remember having purple/blue grass textures in the pack for the new biomes, meaning that the grass color wasn't changed from vanilla Thaumcraft. If I remember correctly, the textures for the colored grass are hardwired in Thaumcraft and we don't have a way to change them.

The vis crystal textures work much the same way. They're a colorless texture that Thaumcraft adds hardcoded color to. The only thing we can change is the shape and shading of the texture.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
I took another quick look in-game, and noticed that disabling Optifine's custom colors setting while enabling its swamp colors one made those biomes behave as expected. So maybe it's because of the colors.properties file in the pack? It doesn't seem to have changed any biome-related option, but it's still the most likely cause.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Double-posting, yeah, but I just noticed that the textures for MineFactoryReloaded are in need of a massive revision. Often enough, Isabella's textures will only apply to one side of a block (most of the time they plain don't work) and a few GUIs are off or completely mismatched, like the ones for the DSU, the Unifier and the Auto-Brewer.

Death 9407

Jul 29, 2019
After a long Hiatus of not playing Minecraft, I'm back to texturing.
I haven't done enough for a "real" release, but if you want to download or check the progress check this link.

I've updated the big reactors part, (its got animated blocks too!) I know it's not much but the turbines were un-textured and the reactor multi-block edges didn't fit, so now big reactors is only missing glass and gui icons.
Just thought I'd jump in.
Here is the file.
20160317140436_1.jpg
20160317140442_1.jpg
20160317140455_1.jpg
20160317140516_1.jpg
20160317140528_1.jpg

If you could repost the link, that would be great; I'd like to add it to the 1.7.10 branch on github.

y401

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Death and others for putting everthing together on github!
I have been fixing lots of file names(what's with all the underscores in filenames nowadays?), unstitching textures and pushing files into new directories and stuff (mainly ic2, tconstruct, railcraft, biomes o'plenty, some other minor things). Also added a couple block textures for o'plenty dirts/grasses and blue slime mobs.

It's far from being complete, but i've been playing for a couple of days and at least most of the world looks to be porperly textured.
As I do not have github access, download below:

"full" pack dl:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdbjcltoj0rnpge/Isabella-II-FTB-y401ed.29.03.2017.zip?dl=0

Will probably do a bit more in the next couple of days.

Reactions: IronPiston

y401

Jul 29, 2019
Pushing out one last update for now, as I'm going to take a longer break from this. I've done pretty much all the stuff that was bothering me in infinity lite. Except the basic inventory gui and bucket designs. I don't have the slightest idea how those work now.
to give an overview of what has changed:
Tons of general file shoveling, texture unstitching and quite a few new textures for:
baubles,
biomes o'plenty,
botania,
extra utilities 2,
harvestcraft,
industrial craft 2,
iron backpacks,
quark
thermal foundation,
tinkers construct+taiga,
vanilla minecraft (bonemouse pls come back pls. I'm shit at this ;( ).
---------------
http://bit.ly/2o6Gy5y
---------------
used bit.ly to keep track of the number of downloads.
If people are interested, I'll update whatever progress I've made in a couple of weeks.

Gnomeo

Jul 29, 2019
...Except the basic inventory gui and bucket designs...

As of 1.10.2 Forge uses its own bucket. The folder for the bucket textures is: assets/forge/textures/items

Also, Yurisuika on the Minecraft forums has the vanilla Minecraft textures updated through the latest snapshot. Link

Thanks for the hard work above. I've been updating a bit myself on a smaller scale for the mods I'm currently using. Your updates have been most helpful.

Last edited:

y401

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, Thanks Gnomeo! I didn't know about Yurisuika keeping the vanilla pack up to date.
Glad I could help you out a bit. :)