[16x] Familiar yet Different [1.6.X-1.7.X][FTB][Dead]

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
Well thank you two for your nice comments but Greevir if you think that is a lot, think of the all blocks/items that the color change affects.
All of thous blocks/items will have to be edited to reflect the change in color so this update could take a while before I'm done.
That said I am taking this time to update some of the blocks/items to better textures.
The hardest part of this whole thing is consistency across mods/files, because of some changes like the bucket, tools, armor, gear,and much more.
All that aside the way I have done the template system makes any further color changes rather mundane.
Also here is the list to identify the blocks on the image I posted before.

Attachments

• metals-list.txt
    437 bytes · Views: 135

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Well thank you two for your nice comments but Greevir if you think that is a lot, think of the all blocks/items that the color change affects.
All of thous blocks/items will have to be edited to reflect the change in color so this update could take a while before I'm done.
That said I am taking this time to update some of the blocks/items to better textures.
The hardest part of this whole thing is consistency across mods/files, because of some changes like the bucket, tools, armor, gear,and much more.
All that aside the way I have done the template system makes any further color changes rather mundane.
Also here is the list to identify the blocks on the image I posted before.
Sounds really good. So excited to see how this works out. I always hated seeing colors out of whack. I truly feel like I have found a texture pack to stick with. I've switched TPs often in the past but never have stuck with a single one as long as I have with yours. I used to change almost weekly. Now I can't go without it. And it's a 16x! Never thought I would love a 16x pack so much. Anything less than 32x and I was like meh. So glad I gave this one a shot. Eagerly awaiting your next update! (I know it'll be a while, you've got your work cut out for ya)

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
I have got a lot of the changes in place I just need to refine it some and do some testing.
Here is a download to the version as it stands now.
Also the next 'official' release WILL be delayed until the FTB pack has updated to the newest GregTech because I have and this breaks support for older versions.
Side note: Because the pack is rather simple in design I am able to update rather fast as long as playing the game or the other mod doesn't get in the way. LOL
Also for thous not who didn't know the refined iron has a blue tint now to reflect what its default texture is.
Silver is also more blue but tin is more white and lead, coal, and tungsten look very similar. (sorry about that)

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
I have got a lot of the changes in place I just need to refine it some and do some testing.
Here is a download to the version as it stands now.
Also the next 'official' release WILL be delayed until the FTB pack has updated to the newest GregTech because I have and this breaks support for older versions.
Side note: Because the pack is rather simple in design I am able to update rather fast as long as playing the game or the other mod doesn't get in the way. LOL
Also for thous not who didn't know the refined iron has a blue tint now to reflect what its default texture is.
Silver is also more blue but tin is more white and lead, coal, and tungsten look very similar. (sorry about that)

It's possible that FTB will be updated pretty soon. The dev of RedPower2 (which is what FTB is waiting on) tweeted that due to donations made to her, she has been able to take a few days off to work on the mod. It's very exciting news. About the similarities, don't worry about it so much. There are only so many shades of black that you can do, lol.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
Well while it could be a while before a FTB update. So for now I will be doing pre releases.
Here is one.
Updates:
All RailCraft GUIs are done.
Various GregTech GUIs done.
Various other changes.
I will also be redoing the main post so anyone with pics showing off the pack please post them if you want me to use them, I will give the poster credit for the pic.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
If you are asking if you can use it in a video, then yes.
If you are asking to promote it, no offense but I don't care if you do but you can if you want.
For anyone else who wants to make a video or use the pack in a video feel free to.
Also if you want the video on the main post let me know.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Just tried out your v2 pre2. FANTASTIC. The ores/dusts/ingots are looking great! I noticed you've tweaked IC2 and Thermal Expansion machines, they too look excellent.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
Update to the v2 pre 3 is now out.
Mods updated/changed: (some of the changes may be small)
GregTech
RailCraft
Steves Carts 2
Petroleum Generator
Nuclear Control
Thaumcraft 3
and various others
Also Enchanting Plus GUI was added.
Greevir you thought I forgot didn't you.
[Edit]
Also Greevir in relation to your earlier comment about 'shades of black'.
I find that funny because black and white are not colors so they can't have shades.
Also this means that gray doesn't exist.
Fun fact for the day.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Update to the v2 pre 3 is now out.
Mods updated/changed: (some of the changes may be small)
GregTech
RailCraft
Steves Carts 2
Petroleum Generator
Nuclear Control
Thaumcraft 3
and various others
Also Enchanting Plus GUI was added.
Greevir you thought I forgot didn't you.
[Edit]
Also Greevir in relation to your earlier comment about 'shades of black'.
I find that funny because black and white are not colors so they can't have shades.
Also this means that gray doesn't exist.
Fun fact for the day.
Yay! So much awesome! And thank you for the Enchanting Plus GUI!

Edit: Noticed this before, the netherbrick on the Inferno Furnace from Thaumcraft looks to be slightly lighter than the regular netherbrick. Only noticed it because I have netherbrick around my furnace.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
I think that is because it gives off its own light and that causes it to be brighter despite the texture being the same.
That said I'll still check into it.

Nalkrien

Jul 29, 2019
Morton I think you are correct because the obsidian is lighter too, because I know I have a hard time seeing the design on it on mine but its easily seen on that picture. Great TP by the way.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'll be rather busy today.
0sEgS.png

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'll be rather busy today.
<snip>

Haha, true. I'm still running a 1.4.5 world for now since other mods haven't updated it but I have a 1.4.6 instance setup to check out the RP2 stuff. Looking forward to seeing what you get accomplished.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
New pre version!
RP2 support!
No GUIs yet!
Various other mod changes/updates!
Have fun all!
!!!! YEA !!!!
LOL