100% AFK Xp farm Level 30 in 61 seconds! (Biproduct used to create diamonds)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MagicalMidge

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys so I was on our FTB server the otherday and even with all of the machines and amazing armour I felt I still needed a way to level up to get enchantments like fortune and silk touch! So I came up with a fully automatic meaning you have to do nothing you are able to be afk, (and its stable max it goes up to is about 150 entities) Then once the afk farming has been done you can use the blaze rods and turn them into blaze powder and then from that you can begin turning them into diamonds!

I explain how you turn them into diamonds in the video (at about 12:30)

Without further ado here is the video!

Please tell me what you think below!

Wild Wail

Jul 29, 2019
Why do u need a piston pusher system? Can't you just use water and 2 or 3 air blocks to allow them to spawn? I'm not sure if this is a result of different packs (I use dw20 pack).

Wild Wail

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, sorry I thought this was strictly for diamond making purposes, didn't know the spawner was for two purposes. Consider making this for diamond purposes and invest in an enderman shard.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
You might want to consider a thaumcraft Brain-in-a-Jar near the system. You can just leave it on while you are away and the brain collects the xp for you to come collect later, in any amount you want. I just use my blaze rods for a boiler and diamonds since I have another shard for xp that runs nearly all the time. I just wish there was a way to check how many levels are in the jar.

Xatros

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using a pack that has a not-bugged version of mystcraft, you could put a large mystcraft portal directly below the spawner, which teleports them into a 1x1x2 space. Saves you from having to build a big piston system and reduces lag, and if it's a tier 5 spawner the light from the portal won't reduce rates.

Reactions: Dravarden

MagicalMidge

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, sorry I thought this was strictly for diamond making purposes, didn't know the spawner was for two purposes. Consider making this for diamond purposes and invest in an enderman shard.

If you wanted to make this just for diamonds, I would suggest trying to get a skeleton shard, up to at least level 4 and then taking it into the nether, they will turn into wither skeletons and then they actually drop coal! It would be much faster at producing the diamonds but would be half as slow for xp as blaze drop 10 xp and normal mobs like skeletons and wither skeletons only drop 5.

Thanks for the feedback!

MagicalMidge

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using a pack that has a not-bugged version of mystcraft, you could put a large mystcraft portal directly below the spawner, which teleports them into a 1x1x2 space. Saves you from having to build a big piston system and reduces lag, and if it's a tier 5 spawner the light from the portal won't reduce rates.

I hate to put a dampener on any idea but personally I wouldnt think that was a great idea, because when the mobs get transported they would need to get wrote to the disk that the game was playing on (either a server or the clients hard drive) then loaded again where ever the other portal is (thats if I am understanding you correctly) When you take items through portals it okay but with the amount of mobs that would be going through it would wear the device that the game is saving to very fast, especially If you have a solid state drive.

Other than that its a good idea, and if people are not worried about wearing down there disk drives then I would agree that your way would be better ;)

MagicalMidge

Jul 29, 2019
You might want to consider a thaumcraft Brain-in-a-Jar near the system. You can just leave it on while you are away and the brain collects the xp for you to come collect later, in any amount you want. I just use my blaze rods for a boiler and diamonds since I have another shard for xp that runs nearly all the time. I just wish there was a way to check how many levels are in the jar.
Thanks man, as soon as I get into researching the things I will for sure try that! Going to save the thaumcraft stuff for videos though, ;)

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
I hate to put a dampener on any idea but personally I wouldnt think that was a great idea, because when the mobs get transported they would need to get wrote to the disk that the game was playing on (either a server or the clients hard drive) then loaded again where ever the other portal is (thats if I am understanding you correctly) When you take items through portals it okay but with the amount of mobs that would be going through it would wear the device that the game is saving to very fast, especially If you have a solid state drive.

Other than that its a good idea, and if people are not worried about wearing down there disk drives then I would agree that your way would be better ;)
I had a similar setup with a blaze farm, 5 vanilla blaze spawners. (Before Soul Shards was a thing.) They were teleported by MystCraft portals to the killing chamber about 10 blocks away. I let it run for hours and it had no visible impact on the server.

heavy1metal

Jul 29, 2019

Minecraft loads data from the disk into ram at startup and during chunk loads, and then only runs from ram. When a chunk is unloaded it'll then write that data to disk. That is why when an unexpected crash happens it appears to have rolled back - because what was in the ram hadn't written to disk yet. If it purely was disk based as you suggested, the game would barely run.

For the setup to work you need chunk loads at the spawner and the other end of the portal, thus the chunks never unload and never write to disk.

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
If you wanted to make this just for diamonds, I would suggest trying to get a skeleton shard, up to at least level 4 and then taking it into the nether, they will turn into wither skeletons and then they actually drop coal! It would be much faster at producing the diamonds but would be half as slow for xp as blaze drop 10 xp and normal mobs like skeletons and wither skeletons only drop 5.

Thanks for the feedback!

1 problem, soul shard skeleton spawners no longer spawn wither skeletons. They are hard coded skeletons. Instead, wither skeletons have there own spawner and ar also hardcoded to always be wither skeletons even in the overworld.

MagicalMidge

Jul 29, 2019
1 problem, soul shard skeleton spawners no longer spawn wither skeletons. They are hard coded skeletons. Instead, wither skeletons have there own spawner and ar also hardcoded to always be wither skeletons even in the overworld.
If you put a skeleton soul cage in the nether it will actually spawn wither skeletons, when a skeleton spawns in the nether it has a 90% chance of becoming a wither skeleton and a 10% chance of becoming a normal skeleton (At least when they first introduced them those stats were correct) I dont know if any mods with ftb like greg tech changes anything like that but as much as I know currently you can just place a block that can spawn skeletons may it be a soul cage or an actual skeleton spawner (transported by portal gun) it would spawn wither skeletons ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1359603066][/DOUBLEPOST]
What about normal skeleton spawners, use those to farm the withers they spawn, than profit
It could only be done in the nether but yes it would work perfectly well ;)

MagicalMidge

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft loads data from the disk into ram at startup and during chunk loads, and then only runs from ram. When a chunk is unloaded it'll then write that data to disk. That is why when an unexpected crash happens it appears to have rolled back - because what was in the ram hadn't written to disk yet. If it purely was disk based as you suggested, the game would barely run.

For the setup to work you need chunk loads at the spawner and the other end of the portal, thus the chunks never unload and never write to disk.
I am pretty sure that minecraft servers dont run like that sir, they write to disk every 2 seconds I believe. I could be wrong but last time I really looked into these things they did. It is like on the normal minecraft if you send an item through a end portal, it loads 1 chunk (where the spawn is for the end) writes what ever needs to be written to the disk then unloads that chunk, that is why every sorting system or item storage thing done with portals is never a good idea because it wears the disk out very fast because it is writing to it so much. Hope this helped you.

P.s To your "The game would barely run" Why do you think it needs such high specs to run a 16bit game? it is very processor and disk intensive, just thought I would clear this up incase anyone actually thought that minecraft held such information in the ram for so long ;P[DOUBLEPOST=1359603513][/DOUBLEPOST]
I had a similar setup with a blaze farm, 5 vanilla blaze spawners. (Before Soul Shards was a thing.) They were teleported by MystCraft portals to the killing chamber about 10 blocks away. I let it run for hours and it had no visible impact on the server.
Thats the thing with wearing out disks if you have a good enough connection on the server and a good enough processor the signs will not show until the disk is basically fried, all I am trying to do is not advice people to do something that could possibly break something hardware wise on there machines, you cannot fault me for that... I hope ;D[DOUBLEPOST=1359603569][/DOUBLEPOST]
Portalgun or gravigun work well =P
Prey tell what is this gravigun? I had no idea of such a device, what mod pack is it part of? Thanks for the info man!

Xatros

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't even need the chunk loader, really- I just use an intra link book and have them teleport to 5 blocks away from the portal, where I murder them all.