100% AFK Xp farm Level 30 in 61 seconds! (Biproduct used to create diamonds)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

heavy1metal

Jul 29, 2019
lol I've ran a local minecraft server for a year and a half. It's not large, only 45 players on average. With no borders, it actively uses 16gb of ram (out of the 24 I have available). I've had enough server crashes to tell you, it is in fact NOT writing to disk every second, or every two seconds. Rollbacks occur after a server crash because what was in ram was not written to disk. I've seen rollbacks be 2 hours worth of time lost. There are plugins to force world-saves which write to disk. If this were not true, the /save-all command would not be needed - it would be a redundant command. Go watch direwolf server series, you'll see semi-frequently "world saving" - this is done by an additional mod, and because they expect crashes (Data lost from RAM not being written to disk).

Why do you think more ram is needed for higher server caps? Because there are more chunks loaded into ram all the time. You over-estimate how fast hard drives are, and how much data gets read/written. If you think the level of graphics dictate the amount of data being read/written to ram/disk then you don't have a full grasp of how serve-side works. What I'm saying is, it being 16 bit has no bearing at all on what happens server side. MW3 servers have a smaller foot print than minecraft and is clearly a higher level of graphics. The only thing those servers worry about are the coords of a player, scores-stats, and weapon events. Minecraft servers store the entire map, every single block. One chunk is 65,536 blocks not including entities - and that gets loaded into ram.

The only reason you want a fast hard drive, is so when a player enters a new chunk then the action of reading the map data, and loading it to ram is faster. RAM > CPU is leaps and bounds faster than ANY SSD > CPU is, why would minecraft which requires a lot more read/writes than a vast majority of games want to load from the slow disk?

I know that's a lot to read, but well worth it if you want to continue advising people on how servers work. There is very little disk activity until you start using a SQL server to store data for plugins (LWC/LB).

I am pretty sure that minecraft servers dont run like that sir, they write to disk every 2 seconds I believe. I could be wrong but last time I really looked into these things they did. It is like on the normal minecraft if you send an item through a end portal, it loads 1 chunk (where the spawn is for the end) writes what ever needs to be written to the disk then unloads that chunk, that is why every sorting system or item storage thing done with portals is never a good idea because it wears the disk out very fast because it is writing to it so much. Hope this helped you.

P.s To your "The game would barely run" Why do you think it needs such high specs to run a 16bit game? it is very processor and disk intensive, just thought I would clear this up incase anyone actually thought that minecraft held such information in the ram for so long ;P[DOUBLEPOST=1359603513][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thats the thing with wearing out disks if you have a good enough connection on the server and a good enough processor the signs will not show until the disk is basically fried, all I am trying to do is not advice people to do something that could possibly break something hardware wise on there machines, you cannot fault me for that... I hope ;D[DOUBLEPOST=1359603569][/DOUBLEPOST]
Prey tell what is this gravigun? I had no idea of such a device, what mod pack is it part of? Thanks for the info man!

Reactions: Zelfana

Dragonfel

Jul 29, 2019
Just a heads up, this farm will no longer be able to produce diamonds. You'll need a wither skeleton one for that now. Gregtech removed coal dust from blaze powder in a recent update.

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
If you put a skeleton soul cage in the nether it will actually spawn wither skeletons, when a skeleton spawns in the nether it has a 90% chance of becoming a wither skeleton and a 10% chance of becoming a normal skeleton

All fine and well for normal spawning behaviors of normal spawners or spawning eggs. But i think you need to reread the part you quoted from me.