1.7 listed packs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinecraftingDAD

Jul 29, 2019
Regrowth is a very well rounded pack and would get my vote at the moment. Although i would love for Run Dig Hide to be there, we realize we have some more work to get it to something special.

Hellhound732

Jul 29, 2019
I would suggest Arch-Mage Craft. It's a modpack based purely around magic, and is based around the 5 mods Thaumcraft, Ars Magica 2, Witchery, Blood Magic and Botania. There is always something else for you to do if you get bored with one of the magic mods and I find that the small bugs in Ars Magica 2 are no need to take away any enjoyment that's due to this modpack.

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
I want to recommend Colony. It is a high tech modpack that has a focus of automation and exploring the solar system. It is the best modpack I have seen on the Feed the beast launch that has a focus on the galacticraft mod. I love the author's philosophy of keeping everything challenging but making the progression from low tech to high tech alot easier, with reworked recipes that allow you to get yourself automated alot sooner. I think this is an exceptional modpack for those tech geeks out there.

alphadeltablue

Jul 29, 2019
I second that motion. Colony has a unique philosophy that I have not seen in other listed packs. As a person who likes to automate all the things, the easy automation appeals to me. I have the feeling that that could be popular among small servers like the one that I play On With my friends, for the reason that cool items are easier to obtain, and do not drain as much resources when everyone wants one.

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
I shall third the motion for Colony. It might not be the largest pack, but that can be a good thing, and the pack is oriented around one topic as opposed to kitchen sink packs (nothing wrong with those, the third party section just has a lot of them).

Reactions: alphadeltablue

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
@Watchful11 , someone messed up the listed packs file. When oppening the launcher none shows and this error shows in the console:

Code:
From Console: [Fatal Error] :22:2012: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.
Exception reading modpack file: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 22; columnNumber: 2012; XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.

Reactions: thewillowvoid

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
@Watchful11 , someone messed up the listed packs file. When oppening the launcher none shows and this error shows in the console:

Code:
From Console: [Fatal Error] :22:2012: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.
Exception reading modpack file: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 22; columnNumber: 2012; XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.
Can't seem to replicate. Could you post a full log?

Dano6655

Jul 29, 2019
the rebirth pack is probably one of the best kitchen sinks out there imo so i'd recommend it be listed. it even has quests being actively developed

DustinMavric1127

Jul 29, 2019
Rebirth Is a greatly thrown together pack! Perfect blend of Tech and Magic and Exploration. Like Thaumcraft? It has almost every addon for it! As well as it has it's own custom Mod and the Quests are Activley being worked on. Personally I really want to see it on the 3rd-party Packs!

Coolmanzz2

Jul 29, 2019
Rebirth Pack Is Great, got lots of good mods with some odd ones that just tie the whole thing together. As a mod developer's point of view it is pretty sweet.

Bennyboy1695

Jul 29, 2019
One pack that should be added is Galactic Science
Its unique because instead of starting in the void or in the overworld your starting on the moon, it also contains mods that you rarely see in ftb packs or even public packs to be honest.
The things i like best about it probably is the uniqueness to it , aswell as the chance to play with new mods instead of the same old ones that are in all the packs.

Reactions: ChetwyndKid

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
One pack that should be added is Galactic Science
Its unique because instead of starting in the void or in the overworld your starting on the moon, it also contains mods that you rarely see in ftb packs or even public packs to be honest.
The things i like best about it probably is the uniqueness to it , aswell as the chance to play with new mods instead of the same old ones that are in all the packs.
the rebirth pack is probably one of the best kitchen sinks out there imo so i'd recommend it be listed. it even has quests being actively developed
To anyone trying to get their pack listed.... You need the pack to be unique and game changing.
Just taking a skyblock and tossing it in another dimension doesnt make bring it up to that standard....
Recomending a kitchen sink pack is harder... Because there are way more packs out there, so just having a quest book to guide a player through some mods isnt making it stand out in anyway....

If you want a base guideline on a decent unique/well-thought out pack, take a look at Tokiencraft by @GreatOrator

If it doesnt match that standard of customization and uniqueness in gameplay and content.... It doesnt deserve to be listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.