1.7 deal keep calm and keep calm.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
It just occurred to me in my frantic wait for 1.7 dw20 that it probably will be so huge that you probably won't be able to play it. Taking a deep breath and probably going back to 164 for eternity....

And the phone loves to jack up everything I do, so if someone was so inclined, please edit title to say DW20 keep calm.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I wonder if I should mention that Slowpoke started streaming the Alpha testing of a new FtB pack that will duplicate "Ultimate" today, that the code name while in testing is "Resurrection", that it contains the updated versions of the majority of Ultimate's mods and near identical replacements for those that haven't updated, and that it is based on GregTech?

[Edit] Update. Apparently the name of the pack is to be "Codename: Resurrection".

Nah... Probably shouldn't. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
I thought there weren't gonna be FTB packs with multiple different power systems anymore
Now when MJ is retired there is only 2 possible power systems for Ressurection: EU and RF.
So its less complex than before.Maybe?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
It just occurred to me in my frantic wait for 1.7 dw20 that it probably will be so huge that you probably won't be able to play it. Taking a deep breath and probably going back to 164 for eternity....

And the phone loves to jack up everything I do, so if someone was so inclined, please edit title to say DW20 keep calm.
Yep. I've a pack in progress that soon (hopefully, once I get my finger out!) I'll get onto the FTB launcher that reaches 144 mods when all loaded. You need a good system for it, while I've run bigger packs in the past on lower spec machines.
1.7.10 is more for smaller, refined and possibly themed packs.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Check out Slow's twitch stream... They're alpha testing all week and it can be pretty funny. Yesterday they found a config issue where iron wasn't spawning at all, except for 1 or 2 blocks that smelt down into nuggets. They used a COFH command to remove all dirt and stone to examine the oregen. While this was going on Slow and Fireball were having a parkour contest to see who could jump to bedrock without dieing.

You can also get a first-hand look at what can go on while a pack is in development and get information on why this mod was included while that one wasn't.

Reactions: Vasa and ljfa

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Now when MJ is retired there is only 2 possible power systems for Ressurection: EU and RF.
So its less complex than before.Maybe?

Maybe not. I love what GregTech did with splitting power into both volts (EU/t) and amps (# of packets per tick). It makes everything logical and, yes, also more complex. Some of us like complex tho - or let me re-phrase that, some of us like complex but realistic behavior, where stepping down each 128 EU/t packet of power thru a transformer will give you 4 packets of 32 EU/t on the other side. And where you must step-up your voltage to transmit over long distances to minimize power loss, and then step the voltage down at the end of the line to be able to use it. It's more complex, but it's also more realistic behavior.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tankh, rhn and Vasa

Skidd2

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you could upgrade your system... you dont have to spend a ton of money to get these packs running well. I've been playing around in the Unstable pack while waiting for the DW20 1.7 pack so I can at least see how some of the mods work and interact. (on that note, I want the simple to understand TE conduits back! :( ) that also gives me a chance to see how my PC will handle a fairly large amount of mods, as well as seeing how some systems work. I don't use all of the mods in that pack, but the big ones are fun to play with. (AE2, TE, EnderIO, ect...) all in all, its just filler. I like Dire's packs and I just hope his 1.7 pack comes out soon :)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I thought there weren't gonna be FTB packs with multiple different power systems anymore
I think only DW20 and probably Codename: Resurrection will have the privilege to be allowed multiple energy systems. DW20 because he likes to use the same mods over and OVER again, which means he needs at least EU and RF. And then CN:R because, well... Gregtech and stuff...

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
This still makes me feel like 1.6.4 is the last version which will contain a truly full/complete modpack. With so many original modders quitting, who knows if the community will recover.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
This still makes me feel like 1.6.4 is the last version which will contain a truly full/complete modpack. With so many original modders quitting, who knows if the community will recover.
For every one big mod that will no longer get updated there are hundreds of other smaller mods that, with enough TLC, could become bigger and better than those that are no more.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if I should mention that Slowpoke started streaming the Alpha testing of a new FtB pack that will duplicate "Ultimate" today, that the code name while in testing is "Resurrection", that it contains the updated versions of the majority of Ultimate's mods and near identical replacements for those that haven't updated, and that it is based on GregTech?

[Edit] Update. Apparently the name of the pack is to be "Codename: Resurrection".

Nah... Probably shouldn't. :D

I actually have a pack in my MultiMC named "Monster Unleashed" which I use to store some mod file versions which I use for WNIMMT, I was planning on making it a merged modpack between Ultimate and Unleashed, but ofcourse that never happened xD

Check out Slow's twitch stream... They're alpha testing all week and it can be pretty funny. Yesterday they found a config issue where iron wasn't spawning at all, except for 1 or 2 blocks that smelt down into nuggets. They used a COFH command to remove all dirt and stone to examine the oregen. While this was going on Slow and Fireball were having a parkour contest to see who could jump to bedrock without dieing.

You can also get a first-hand look at what can go on while a pack is in development and get information on why this mod was included while that one wasn't.

slow could play solitaire and it'd still be funny xD

Reactions: Vasa

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
When Gregorius T quits, that's when I'll know it's over, for good. I predict he will be the very last one standing. :) Until then... carry on!

Reactions: rhn and Pyure

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't it a bit early to be saying that? Most of the modders who quit weren't even very active(Eloraam, mDiyo, Pokefenn). Not much has changed.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to see DW20 play with Reika's mods and/or Gregtech. He could go on an endless automation spree...

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
All he does the whole season is prepare for the final fight against the endermen. Then his base gets magically destroyed, he loses the fight and retreats through a linking book :D

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
"Okay, keep calm, I can math. 1.21 jigawats at 4.875 rad/s into the front end of the extractinator equals 47x ores coming out the back end of the slurrizer. Right?"

Later...

"We're back, and I've just made this gravel gun... thingy. Hey Soaryn, c'mere. Stand on this spot."

Still later...

"Oh no, I didn't chunkload that water source! That's the alar-- BOOM."