1.7.10 Worlds Beyond (custom pack)

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont

The downside to the wonderful world I have landed in is that the ground here is made of many strange stones and none of them the stones of home save in the lowest depths. I find myself still in need of quite a bit of stone, and products from stone. The cobbleworks was originally part of one of my labs, and now it has a space for itself. There is still room for growth and adaption, in time this will be sand, stone, glass and many other things all patched into the system so I can take items from it anywere in my tower.

Not much in the enderium labs. I made quite a bit of it's namesake material a little while ago and built one of the tinkering tables but I seem to lack the power to make it go. The good news is that with this many cores and lilies I've got a supply of ender pearls that I shall not easily consume, even for the task of keeping the chunk loader loaded. I saw hint of a ritual that might make this room more beneficent, but my system is not yet ready for it.

A lack of power is one of those reasons, time well spent crafting has gained me another doubling of my power system. With this I should be able to progress my storage system another step. One keeps thinking that I'll never use this much power, then my tower grows and the labs become more hungry for power, and I've plans for an even more hungry and expensive jetpack too. All of this adds up. I've been able to drain my storage when I need a complicated batch of smelting and processing. Nightfall complicates things as this is solar. So yes, I figure doubling it might get me through for a little more.

One of the big hold ups in trying to prepare my Material Energy system is the need for these many, many chips and circuits. With research and some skilled crafting I was able to discover this device. Seems to use more power but I am thankful for it just the same, being able to get an entire stack of silicon pressed in one batch is a boon I am more then willing to pay for. In making the core I needed quite a few of them.

The core is the name for this place, for now. Materials and energy merge and are pulled out as I need it. It will still need to be yet larger before things go on, the crafting chambers are a structure of strange beauty in itself that will take up quite a bit of this space, as well as the crafting computers that power the conversions.

With the core in place one of the four main system cables can be worked in through the wall. Three of the four cardinal directions will come latter and in due time the system will convert to P2P tunneling to link the floors into the core but for now, with the ME system in the most basic of stages there is little risk of my using even the 32 channels that one dense link gives me. I had contemplated running fluid links through this as well but when I saw how much enderium I had, my good sense left me. There are many ways to cheat reality and bend physics, I shall use all of them.

Truth is, it's all Yak Shaving.

There is only so many preparations you can do before you have to admit that you are delaying things on purpose. Surely it is useful to have the crafting terminal down here with the sacrificial altar but I did not need to do that.

Still, it is time. Infuse the stone, grow my power.

The first orb took diamond, the next this more rare stone, favorite of the villagers. With the first orb I could do very little. It ran mostly on my own life. To go beyond this second orb I need to take power from others. No, not the villagers, I've yet to find any of those strange people in this world. The monsters that inhabit this world and seek after my life. I find it to only be fair. They attack me, swarm after me, and now they are fuel for me.

They fight me. I shelter myself in temporary walls, and barricade them so that they have difficulty stroking at me. It takes time, but time is something I have. The altar slowly grows, tier 3 only takes runes crafted from the slates, but tier 4 takes something more.

In one of the corners of the room I craft a ritual, this takes a vast surge of power to let a small shard of the essence of another dimension into this world, and then become trapped in an item of my choosing. I've crafted a sword and a set of crimson armor that enhances the thaumic magics.

Thus I take the blade down into the depths and wield it against the monsters. The sword takes something more from them then what I used in the altar, a bit of the life of the monster is bound in the shard. This unnatural life is needed to stabilize the altar now as the power grows. I only need a few to start, once I've got tier 4 I can form more.

It takes quite a strength of essence infused into the slates and another shard for catalyst but with that I am free from having to hunt for the shards myself. I am rather more comfortable with the concept of artificial life infusing my structures then the malevolent spirits of the undead. I won't be able to take this much further without quite a bit of time and work, still it is time for me to make what improvements I can to the process.

It took only the basic elements to preform the binding ritual, but if I want to progress I have to tap into the runes of Dusk as well as fire, air, water and earth. With this I was able to craft a ritual to draw on the monsters life force for me, no more need to wield the sword myself. No more need for walls to protect me, let the monsters rage, now they can not harm me.

Inside the chamber, I've placed a vinviculum, the endermen and enderminies are oddly drawn to it, and this brings them inside the range for the ritual. The cursed earth helps the zombies and skeletons to survive a little longer. Witches care for themselves. Over time I might be able to power the entire system from the monsters that come to feed on me. It is only fair, only right with the number of times they have injured me.

I've also made myself a soul forge. I've little intent of using the armor but I've prepared the needed cores and forge for when I change my mind. Some would make a set and unbind it every time they want to make an improvement. I am quite glad of the armor I have and feel no need to change while I would still need to tinker with it and change it again and again. Thus for now it rests sealed into this chest.

With every rune in place I still lack some rare things, things that will require sacrifices of power beyond any this structure has required of me before. Part of me argues that this is madness, but I've seen madness, I've been in it, through it, and beyond it. This is not madness, not if I enter into it slowly, and with the costs in mind.

For now the best of the runes are here, on the top layer, where I will be doing most of my work. The lower level will be used less. I'm not entirely sure if all four corners will grow ritual stones, there are a few concepts described in the rusty tome I found but most of them seem to have uses for elsewhere in the tower and not down here at the altar. Perhaps the serenade of the nether. Perhaps unbinding. Perhaps a lesser ritual of night.

The time taken in slaughtering those that were trapped in the trap were not wasted. The slates are not the only thing I have to show for my work, I've also collected some wand focii that were donated. One of them will be further refined into a wandcap that will restore my health. Not that I'm pouring my own lifeforce into this structure anymore but there are some combats in my future that I will need more then potions can do for me.

Of the two rituals that I might have use of outside of the altar's shrine, there is one that encourages animals. This other one is for plants. The green grove. With it I need only a handful of the lilies. I'm never more then a few minutes from a fresh handful of ender pearls. I've also brought in the crafting terminal, so that I can drop them into the system. Progress has a price, but it also has rewards.

Reactions: Yusunoha

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont

The folks who design some of these machines, the blueprints read "COFH" on them, included directions on an alloy, Enderium by name, but it's made from one of he rarest materials around. The result is heavy and insanely durable. It also has some of the properties of the technology of the endermen inherent into it. Yes, this is how tesseracts warp time and space. In this case I'm using it to reduce the distance inside the pipes to zero.

I've perhaps used more of it then is wise in this situation, but when I make automation I want it to run as fast as possible and with as few places that things can jam as possible. Every single one of these is fully upgraded with the stack augments. Just huge stacks of cobble. A wall of machines outputting almost as fast as possible. I say, almost. There's one more upgrade I could manage but even the unlimited transfer of the pipes there is always a limit somewhere. Also one has to ask themselves, just how many thousands do you need?

I'd not call this the final form of my work, there's still a few things that you can make from stone beyond the glass the sand and the gravel. Sandstone crafting and perhaps clay if I can get mana up this far. On the left, massively upgraded autocrafting to compress the overflow cobble, and then into the series to continually compress it until it's got the consistency of bedrock.

Each world looted brings resources. Those resources let me do a major project. Each of these major projects bring a string of upgrades for the entire tower. This brings up my entire power level. In turn this prepares me for the next conquest. This is one of the smaller upgrades, just a stack of upgrades in the fluid node to make as much water as possible, put through the tesseract and thus out to my tower anywhere it's needed.

Now here we have the first block of computronium, enough for simple calculations and to control simple conversions. Until I upgrade my power again I won't be getting this to be too much larger, but as long as I am careful and don't go too overboard. Though as a mad scientist in a dark tower that is my job description, so it's going to happen, and I'm going to need it. More power, more power, such is the cry of the mag in the twisted hours of the darkness.

The other half of the system, to go with the computronium is the crafting matrix. Matter energy reassembly chambers. While the other crafting is job specific, a mechanical process, this is almost magic, able to do any crafting that I could be doing myself. That is once I've programed it and given it enough power. This is where the system starts to build on itself. With this can make the strongest solar panels without having to spend days in the lab slowly turning out batches and batches of thousands of the smaller arrays.

In the other corner of this room I have the output tesseract from the automining quarry system, this time upgraded to include a pump. This here handles the fluids, processes the useless items in a matter condenser, and processes the useful blocks into the resources I need. There is quite a bit of filtering, bypassing, and even loopback to feed each of the blocks exactly the right way. Part of the trouble is that I know this to be just a temporary system until I build the main factory floor in the basement levels some distant time in the future. For now my only worry is the few times I could end up with far too much of something useful and have to make another drive.

Oddly I'd been short on gold a few times of late, and some of the more exotic enderIO designs require alloys made from it that I'd not wanted to make too large a stockpile of them. This had lead to me not making a few machines. Now that gold is not a strong limit for me anymore I can finish my lab. Well, nearly finish, there's always a new and even more forbidden branch of science to explore, or a new dark ritual of magic.

So that's how, in my pride, I find myself able to afford the most impressive casing for a portal I've yet ever made. I cannot say I am beyond scarcity, but my days of hiding in a hole are behind me. If I want it, I make it. Perhaps the power has gone to my head, some of these entries in my book seem rather unfamiliar, as if something has changed.

And yet I have made this, from the most rare and expensive materials that I have. This is a tribute and payment for this dimension that allows me to not be limited in materials, to take me beyond the need to mine. And inside this lesser darkness is the portal into the deeper darkness.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont

With the turning comes more preparations. I know nothing of this place I am to enter next. The Erebus was written on the scroll, and beyond that, nothing. So in turn, I turn to thaumcraft. With the ritual of binding I'm able to make ritual robes that are more potent then the ones from magical cloth. These further insulate me from the ritual structures and make even crafting that much more efficient.

I've saved one of the wandcaps from the Pech. That one lets me attack and curse my foes. This one though, I am turning to a more exotic purpose. Infusing into it the very essence of healing and the curse becomes a way to mend myself. I know that there are many things that can get past even the best of armor, so I need to be prepared. Now if I am poisoned or withered I can restore myself with a use of mana. My experiments in thaumcraft require more and more arcane resources. There's a ritual that draws from my own experiances to let me enchant an object and enchantments that can be produced in no other way. With this I was able to make a pick of pure corruption. Further I was able to use the dark steel altar to forge for myself more magic books, making the pick as strong as I dared.

With an automated mine in the darkness that has been instructed to use silk touch, I am slowly gathering more of the infused stone. I turned my pick onto it, shattering them with the corruption infused tool and from them I got a small handful of rare shards infused with exotic powers. When I have studied these more I will be able to do things in thaumcraft that I'd never before contemplated. My guide gives them names rather similar to the highest tier of runes that the botanical mages make, but the power in them is not quite the same. This is, for now, a dead end like the Ichorium was. I should have known that the resources of the nether wouldn't avail me when I've left it sealed.

Still, it is a stash of treasures to fill myself with pride.
To lust over.
To hunger for more with greed.
The sloth leads to temptations.
Yet it is that wrath shard that gives me ideas.

The tome of thaumic research hinted that there was a machine I could make, one that took escences and healed my items. Thaumic Restorer by name, but it seems that the delivery system I'd devised with tubes and jars to not be advanced enough. Now I'd seen something in the tome about using a node to punch a very small hole in reality and to pull power through that hole to power magical devices. Yet it takes larger and more powerful nodes then I'd previously seen. Still, even this can be solved.

Every journey starts with a single step. I'd call us far from starting though,, and sometimes still the next step is not fancy or glamorous. I found myself n need for a stack of the balanced crystals, purified, the opposite of the ones I'd constructed with the pick. Alchemic mastery, perhaps not, but it was good practice. Perhaps I will someday discover a way to automate this process. Still, is not good to let myself be distracted, not when the next task is as big as this.

It is no small deed to make a hole in reality, even one as small as the blade of a knife. To be able to attune one so that the power drawn through it is exactly the type that I need is an ever more difficult task. The empty node is already encased in a warded jar, and the raw power is infused into it in wave after wave of ritual. The resulting node is ready to be placed anywhere. Six times I do this, each time with another aspect. The fire node was slightly imperfect in creation, but as I said, for all problems, a solution.

All of the nodes needed stabilizers so that I could contain them within my tower safely. The fire node requires one more special then normal, more powerful. This will allow it to be healed instead of drained. I'll have to exchange this for a more normal stabilizer once it has recovered brilliance.

Thus, for now, these nodes cannot be tapped and used like I had hopped. I will just have to find another way to repair what needs repair. Time enough and worlds enough for solutions when I return. I can perhaps use that trinket from the twilight forest, even if the price of using it is quite high and rare.

There are a number of thin places in the world marked with totems and obelisks, as warning. I find I have no need of the warnings, but the totems have a use to me. So I collected a few. To make use of them I need only infuse more power into an enchanting table, ready it to draw from thaumic essences in my wand, instead of the more vital essences in myself that the table normally uses. This ritual is nothing compared to the ones I'd just done, and went much easier.

Thus did I make a sword to be proud of, a wrathful, sharpened blade. Every bit as strong and powerful as the many refined blade I'd crafted before with all the sharpness of the worlds in it. While that sword was carefully refined and rebuilt time and time again, pieces swapped and changed as I found better ones, this one is only being changed once.

As I'd just remembered the untinkering table, this blade came with me to it, and I gladly paid the cost. 65 levels worth of experience. With that I was able to reforge the blade into one of dark steel. A blade with a peculiar thirst for the endermen I am told. I expect none of them where I go, but this tool has other tricks. Refinements that only a sword manifestly unmagical is meant to have.

Thus is my sword empowered, perhaps not to the very limit, but as far as I can push now. With this as proof of concept I pushed on, and made three pieces of armor. Yet it was the chest plate that was to be the problem. I had to take that final, rarely used machine in my lab and transfer the very being of a bat into the flight control logics. Likewise the reality warping of an ender was needed in the control systems.

Never have I seen such an expensive item. That chest place used more then a stack of capacitors, and exotic materials I'd never crafted before. It consumed them, and then asked for more, and for more again. Yet, now, it is mine. 50 million RF to charge it, and it in turn will charge the rest for me. Solar here too is my ally, I've included it into the helmet and in good weather I can get a small charge that can get me home, if slowly.

Still, this armor, unlike the terrasteel cannot mend itself. Some of the blows will be shielded, turned aside by the stored power, but it will take damage just the same over time and use. The best way to see this reduced is to not let it be struck. A layer of runes and wards, infused into rings and a girdle. The power for them translated from my wand. The wand linked to a pool that I keep filled with the hydrangias via a magic mirror. A part of me now will always be tethered to my base.

A moment at the forge and I've made two new tools with the intent of infusing them with flux so they can be recharged as needed. I'm taking a potion made to keep me alive if things get worse then I can handle, a sleeping bag to help me walk in the day, and a sigil that produces lights, so that I need not return for torches until I am ready. This is as ready as I can be, and so...

Master_Builder_800

Jul 29, 2019
I have a hard time believing that whatever is through the portal is more than you can handle, that is the most overpowered tools in the game(besides draconic stuff) i've ever seen

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
When I read this last post, it was early and I wasn't quite awake yet. I swear it said you were hooked on cough medicine.

This has been an enjoyable read. Looking forward to seeing more of your adventures.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Okay folks, looks like this one ends here.

I've let it sit here too long, there's just TOO MANY updates needed, and too much has changed.

I'm a little sad that I didn't get to more of the worlds I had planned, but I oddly enjoyed seeing Erebus.

I think, after this, I shall do some kind of a skyblock as a break from a world to manage.... it'll also run better on this ole PC of mine.

Reactions: KingTriaxx

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Okay folks, looks like this one ends here.

I've let it sit here too long, there's just TOO MANY updates needed, and too much has changed.

I'm a little sad that I didn't get to more of the worlds I had planned, but I oddly enjoyed seeing Erebus.

I think, after this, I shall do some kind of a skyblock as a break from a world to manage.... it'll also run better on this ole PC of mine.
Why don't you just do a world tour and leave it there? It'd be nice to see how far you've come.