• yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

witherskid

Jul 29, 2019
this modpack was created because I myself was tired of HQM everyone does it so I find it over used .so I have decided to remake my modpack as a HC modpack where you can do what you want when you want instead of following a set path. a lil' bit like the old minecraft modpacks rom 1.5 (no more wailia) and yes I under stand that having a path is fun but don't you ever just want to leave that path and go into the woods and go on your own journey?
code
withersjourney
FINALLY UPDATED :D

this modpack includes fastcraft by default
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10820

modlist
AOBD 2
Armorers Workshop
Backpacks
Baubles
Better Storage
Buildcraft
Chisel
Chocolate quest
Code chicken core and lib
Cofh core
cookie core
damage indicators
Deadly world
Dense ores
doomlike dungeons
Ender IO
Enviro mine
Exnihlo
Extra Utilities
Fastcraft
Ganys nether
Iquanas tinker tweaks
infernal mobs
IvToolkit
Mantle
Mine and blade battle gear
Minefactory reloaded
Mrcrayfishes furniture mod
Netherores
NEI
open blocks
open mods lib
pams simple recipies
Rougelike dungeons
Ruins
Special mobs
Steinu's 3d guns
storage drawers
thaumcraft
thermal expansion
thermal foundation
tic tooltips
ticon
ticon mechworks
ticon steelworks
twilight forest
ye gamols chattels
YOU WILL DIE mod
Ztones

Last edited:

Planet James

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, good, one other thing, check your grammar and spellings in the original post, people are less likely to read something with bad grammer etc.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Run of the mill pack it seems, with no theme, hqm, progression or story, pass on this one.

Oh & the answer to your OP question is no.

witherskid

Jul 29, 2019
Run of the mill pack it seems, with no theme, hqm, progression or story, pass on this one.

Oh & the answer to your OP question is no.

first of all Hqm is run of the mill everyone is doing it this modpack is for those who are tired of the progression and want to play the game there way
second what are you talking about an OP question?

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
OP (Original Post) question, "are you tired of all this hqm and progression and all this other annoying do this before that".

Most mod pack authors have a hook, this can be story driven, progression & or hqm, or even the flip side as a cut down light pack to run on any lappy, the basic ideas along with any major changes are posted in the OP along with the mod list, each tries to stand out from the crowd in one way or another, you should maybe take a look at the post format the big boys use & then detail your idea for the pack as it stands atm, there is nothing to catch the prospective players interest, I hope that explained it a little better for you, sry I guess I was a little glib, but the same answer still applies NO & the reason the hqm/etc packs are so popular is, they are interesting for players that have done most all & have the T-shirts to prove it, or if you like its the next step in player progression, vanilla/modded MC/quest driven MC, its not for all, but is for a lot of long term players.

witherskid

Jul 29, 2019
OP (Original Post) question, "are you tired of all this hqm and progression and all this other annoying do this before that".

Most mod pack authors have a hook, this can be story driven, progression & or hqm, or even the flip side as a cut down light pack to run on any lappy, the basic ideas along with any major changes are posted in the OP along with the mod list, each tries to stand out from the crowd in one way or another, you should maybe take a look at the post format the big boys use & then detail your idea for the pack as it stands atm, there is nothing to catch the prospective players interest, I hope that explained it a little better for you, sry I guess I was a little glib, but the same answer still applies NO & the reason the hqm/etc packs are so popular is, they are interesting for players that have done most all & have the T-shirts to prove it, or if you like its the next step in player progression, vanilla/modded MC/quest driven MC, its not for all, but is for a lot of long term players.
what i am trying to do is make the game as hard as possible with infernal mobs special mobs and you will die

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't seem like you really did much to make this difficult or special from what I see. All you seem to have here is a heap of random mods with no real theme and then three mods to make the game a little more difficult. On its own special mobs just adds a little variation and is really only made very difficult if these variations have a better AI. Infernal mobs does not make the game harder but gives you a few instances where you will probably just run away and come back later. Infernal mobs does add difficulty but only really if you have something where maybe you can't run forever such as Hunger overhaul with quickly falling hunger, or with the Iguana Tweaks where you can become encumbered if you have a lot of items on you. I do not know much about YouWIllDie but it better be something that really changes gameplay to make this pack all that special. My suggestion is that you find something special that you would specifically enjoy, just one idea, and build around that idea, making a well tuned/configed pack.

witherskid

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't seem like you really did much to make this difficult or special from what I see. All you seem to have here is a heap of random mods with no real theme and then three mods to make the game a little more difficult. On its own special mobs just adds a little variation and is really only made very difficult if these variations have a better AI. Infernal mobs does not make the game harder but gives you a few instances where you will probably just run away and come back later. Infernal mobs does add difficulty but only really if you have something where maybe you can't run forever such as Hunger overhaul with quickly falling hunger, or with the Iguana Tweaks where you can become encumbered if you have a lot of items on you. I do not know much about YouWIllDie but it better be something that really changes gameplay to make this pack all that special. My suggestion is that you find something special that you would specifically enjoy, just one idea, and build around that idea, making a well tuned/configed pack.

try playing the modpack you will find it very difficult you need to sit to get any kind of ore and YOUWILLDIE makes it so every world has a disadvantage such as -25% damage or eternal night until you kill the wither, burn up 3 nether stars or beat the ender dragon ect. also i am adding more dificulty mods such as dangerous worlds and i you have any ideas on how to make this modpack harder i will most likely add them

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I played through the first couple days, and I have a couple things to say about it.

• I tended not to use the HQM book after the first two quests, but why is it there, if I may ask? Didn't you say you wanted to stay away from the mod? It also seems as though it's not on the official mod list in this thread.
  • What I did see of the book had several grammatical errors. Keep capitalization and punctuation in mind!
  • I had quite a lot of framerate drops that I don't get from much larger and complex modpacks, and it seems to be coming from Millenaire (which is also not on the mod list). It seems to be otherwise stable, so that's good.
  • You mention the fact that you have to sift for ores, yet ores still spawn in the overworld.
  • There isn't really much challenge. Even on hard difficulty, armed with nothing but 6 bread, wooden armor, and a wooden sword, I managed to survive the night.
Basically what I'm getting at is, it's a decent modpack, but you didn't really deliver what you said you would.

witherskid

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I played through the first couple days, and I have a couple things to say about it.

• I tended not to use the HQM book after the first two quests, but why is it there, if I may ask? Didn't you say you wanted to stay away from the mod? It also seems as though it's not on the official mod list in this thread.
  • What I did see of the book had several grammatical errors. Keep capitalization and punctuation in mind!
  • I had quite a lot of framerate drops that I don't get from much larger and complex modpacks, and it seems to be coming from Millenaire (which is also not on the mod list). It seems to be otherwise stable, so that's good.
  • You mention the fact that you have to sift for ores, yet ores still spawn in the overworld.
  • There isn't really much challenge. Even on hard difficulty, armed with nothing but 6 bread, wooden armor, and a wooden sword, I managed to survive the night.
Basically what I'm getting at is, it's a decent modpack, but you didn't really deliver what you said you would.

I orgot to say that it hasn't been updated:oops: ill fix that now

witherskid

Jul 29, 2019
they finally said theyre going to update its happening soon!!!!
then we have lots of deaths and no hqm or millenaire

Vidinston

Jul 29, 2019
Witherskid, you need SERIOUS modpack help. You have grammar like a 2nd grader. That's an easy fix. The reason there are so many HQM packs is because it's FUN! It helps make minecraft more... Miney and Crafty. HQM was the mod that forever changed modded MC. ME^4? HQM. Pathfinder? HQM. Every stinking amazing modpack? HQM. Now, finally. Your umm... Unique mod choices... You need a team of people to help you. Right now, this modpack is nothing. With the right help, it could flourish into something amazing! Keep going.

witherskid

Jul 29, 2019
Witherskid, you need SERIOUS modpack help. You have grammar like a 2nd grader. That's an easy fix. The reason there are so many HQM packs is because it's FUN! It helps make minecraft more... Miney and Crafty. HQM was the mod that forever changed modded MC. ME^4? HQM. Pathfinder? HQM. Every stinking amazing modpack? HQM. Now, finally. Your umm... Unique mod choices... You need a team of people to help you. Right now, this modpack is nothing. With the right help, it could flourish into something amazing! Keep going.
yahh I forgot to fix the grammar I am fixing it now